YesNoOk

All Characters Updated + Waha released (6/22/2024) (Read 7782 times)

Started by Amanojaku, June 23, 2024, 05:29:18 am
Share this topic:
All Characters Updated + Waha released (6/22/2024)
#1  June 23, 2024, 05:29:18 am
    • USA

Updates both new and old. Also decided to fix up a character I did extensive modifications on back in the day. These characters all make use of 1.1 features (including the undocumented Zoom sctrl), so they won't work in older MUGEN.

Waha
- 6 button gameplay
- New moves
- Uh... other stuff... it's been over a decade so I don't recall everything I did.

Guillotine Gen
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Kasumi Todo

Li Xiangfei

Arcade Gamer Fubuki

Link is in my signature.
Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 07:11:20 am by Amanojaku
Re: All Characters Updated + Waha released (6/22/2024)
#2  June 23, 2024, 05:38:08 am
  • music rules
  • hi
    • USA
    • funk2000.neocities.org/

you created Guillotine Gen?
i am so glad that you're back!
#3  June 23, 2024, 07:37:17 am
    • USA
#4  June 23, 2024, 05:18:22 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yo! Hey it's been awhile. I'm glad to see you updating your stuff and back around. :) I'll try these out relatively soon and get back with you.
#5  June 23, 2024, 11:04:05 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Why'd you remove the anti-air Guillotine from Guillotine Gen? Was it too "unbalanced"?
Also Fubuki can still power charge even if she has max power.
Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 02:14:16 am by TurnPile
#6  June 24, 2024, 04:56:57 am
    • USA
Yo! Hey it's been awhile. I'm glad to see you updating your stuff and back around. :) I'll try these out relatively soon and get back with you.

Oh damn, you're still kicking around with MUGEN huh? I still play around with your Mai and Sagat. Incidentally, I've noticed quite a few of the old guard also releasing new content after years of inactivity over the past couple of years, which is a strange coincidence. Thanks for trying out my stuff!

Why'd you remove the anti-air Guillotine from Guillotine Gen? Was it too "unbalanced"?

The Flying Guillotine turned out much more powerful than I ever anticipated. With it's huge range and quick speed, it can absolutely dominate the horizontal space. Having it dominate the vertical space too ended up being a bit much. I found that removing the Slanted Guillotine gave GG an anti-air "weakness" to balance out his overpowering ground game.

Funny thing about Fubuki's power charge. I now remember catching this issue some time ago, but apparently I never got around to fixing it. Thanks for testing my characters and helping me re-catch it!

#7  June 24, 2024, 06:36:06 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA

The Flying Guillotine turned out much more powerful than I ever anticipated. With it's huge range and quick speed, it can absolutely dominate the horizontal space. Having it dominate the vertical space too ended up being a bit much. I found that removing the Slanted Guillotine gave GG an anti-air "weakness" to balance out his overpowering ground game.

Funny thing about Fubuki's power charge. I now remember catching this issue some time ago, but apparently I never got around to fixing it. Thanks for testing my characters and helping me re-catch it!

Ya welcome, and I admit I was disappointed since I liked the character when I tried Guillotine Gen a while back so I edited him myself to add back the Slanted Guillotine. Just as easy as transferring the code and sprites (with a bit of extra work to get the palettes and position right) from the old version. Still I do understand your reasoning for removing it.
#8  June 24, 2024, 06:50:12 pm
I think your Kasumi was one of the first characters I found. It's a great boss character! Welcome back! Thanks for the updates!
#9  June 29, 2024, 04:15:39 am
    • USA
Ya welcome, and I admit I was disappointed since I liked the character when I tried Guillotine Gen a while back so I edited him myself to add back the Slanted Guillotine. Just as easy as transferring the code and sprites (with a bit of extra work to get the palettes and position right) from the old version. Still I do understand your reasoning for removing it.

Groovy. It's great to know someone likes a creation enough they're willing to put in the work to modify it to their taste (it's how my Fubuki and Waha came about after all).

I think your Kasumi was one of the first characters I found. It's a great boss character! Welcome back! Thanks for the updates!
Your welcome, glad to know my creations were still providing enjoyment all these years I was away.

N_N

#10  June 29, 2024, 04:38:37 am
  • ViktorVaughN_N
    • USA
Your Waha edit is really solid--very glad more people are editing Nijikaku characters. I found a minor bug however, the Wahadama doesn't bind to her while she's charging it up. For example, it'll detach itself if the opponent walks into her. Like I said though, very solid edit!
#11  June 29, 2024, 09:14:37 am
    • USA
Your Waha edit is really solid--very glad more people are editing Nijikaku characters. I found a minor bug however, the Wahadama doesn't bind to her while she's charging it up. For example, it'll detach itself if the opponent walks into her. Like I said though, very solid edit!

Fixed and updated, thank you for your feedback!
#12  July 04, 2024, 05:39:45 pm
It's been so much fun trying out Waha!  :)
You've done a great job with this character, thanks for making this edit!