YesNoOk

Anti-Gouki Project: The Revival Thread (in IE by now) (Read 9131 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, January 04, 2024, 02:54:18 pm

Poll

Which sparks/FX would you like to see in AGP??

Breakers FX (the ones already in AGP chars and Beta 1)
2 (50%)
CVS FX (Capcom, not POTS)
1 (25%)
SFA1-3 FX (keep up the classics)
0 (0%)
Other one (explain after vote)
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Anti-Gouki Project: The Revival Thread (in IE by now)
#1  January 04, 2024, 02:54:18 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
One game was forced to going to an end, but there was another that was left unfinished... time to correct that once for all...
Yeah, AGP will be reborn after more than 10 years of being in Development Hell, but since I just have the idea only again, by now will be in Idea Engineering until I can advance on it for real, so this will be like a planning thread to revive it (and no, the old subforum is blocked to post this there, blame the admins)

So, to remake this and finally put it on an end, I need to do these things first:
  • First of all, move in from WinM to 1.0, probably I'll use 1.0 Final ver. as with Infinite Clayfare (or maybe IKEMEN??)
  • Second, need to make the screenpack and lifebars, I still got the designs collaborators did to me in the past, so now I know how to make them both, that the first priority
  • Something important to do: establish a solid base for the clones. One of the reasons I stopped to work on this is because I felt the actual base was lacking stuff, as well the "exclusive skill" for every clone wasn't very elaborated, so now I'll experiment to get a solid base for all clones
  • And of course, to finish the clones. There're only 5-6 of the 16 finished, there're a lot to do, but having a good base (see point above) that will be easier that I thought
  • The story base and the stages will remain the same: something more cyberpunk mixed with part of SF lore and the clones story, so the main story will remains the same, no changes here
  • And of course, your past collabs will remain as planned: the voice acting for clones, the logos and other ideas for the game will be used as planned with all the credits. So don't worry, your voice for some clone or the logo or lifebars you did for the game will be there ;)
OK, time to organize all of this and blow the dust and the spiderwebs from that old project to get it into life once again. As with all my plans on MUGEN, when I get something concrete to show you, then I'll move this into Projects, so until now you've to see this in Idea Engineering ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 02:45:57 pm by Basaraくん
Re: Anti-Gouki Project: The Revival Thread (in IE by now)
#2  January 04, 2024, 10:56:33 pm
    • Chile

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 02:48:30 pm by Basaraくん
#3  January 05, 2024, 02:23:47 pm
Pretty cool!
There's some stuff i would life to say though :
1 - There will be new clones? (or maybe DuckSS's clones he made?)
2 - Funnily, TV Tropes made a page about AGP slighty before you announced it's comeback XD
#4  January 07, 2024, 12:19:10 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
How nice to know that this old crazy project is back on track.
#5  January 07, 2024, 03:42:06 pm
    • Chile
Thanks guys :D

1 - There will be new clones? (or maybe DuckSS's clones he made?)
2 - Funnily, TV Tropes made a page about AGP slighty before you announced it's comeback XD
1. I'm already discussing about it... not by me but probably yes, and even maybe I can make the count to 20 instead of 16
2. Nah, that page was made few years ago, I saw it already XD also they made a page about Infinite Clayfare

#6  January 15, 2024, 08:15:11 pm
    • UK
Thank Goodness, Anti-Gouki Project is back
What about IKEMEN Go version of Anti-Gouki Project?
#7  January 23, 2024, 12:28:28 am
    • Chile
I know it, but I'm not familiar with Ikemen, maybe could be a good option after all, that will be seen...

By now, I'm gonna work in one of the clones to make him something more solid and the base for the others, since the previous base resulted not to be reliable after all. Expect some advances soon

#8  January 31, 2024, 02:51:14 pm
    • Chile
Today I was thinking about this project, mostly in how the new base has to be made (for characters, not the engine... yet), since the gameplay aspects to the FXs (not sure if keep using Breakers FX or changing them). However, I made a little poll, since I don't decide yet which one to use (it was originally M1.0 Final when i created the thread), so tell me in which one would you like to see it

#9  February 01, 2024, 03:32:05 pm
ikemen go is pretty flexible with full game, I recalled that you planned to put bonus rejected gouki as bonus stage, it is easy to disable him in ikemen go and I am pretty sure Ikemen go worked in latest operating system (unsure for mugen 1.1 and mugen 1.0), so I am voting ikemen go  :P

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#10  February 10, 2024, 01:37:54 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
I just think that migrating to "newer" engines is better, be it 1.1 or Ikemen.
Always depending on which one you feel more comfortable or confident with when developing the game.
#11  February 19, 2024, 02:43:20 am
    • Chile
I would prefer IKEMEN over 1.1, but I'm not familiar with it, I admire all the new stuff possible on this new engine, but I never used it an will take me some time to work on it, but I like it. Now, in the case to use something more comfortable, I prefer 1.0 Final as I made with Infinite Clayfare, but if people in the poll prefer 1.1 or Ikemen, I can make the effort to remake the game in some of them

#12  March 18, 2024, 03:26:13 pm
    • Chile
Another update to this thinking how I can revive this. Since the past poll was smashing, I think I can sink into IKEMEN Go to remake my fullgame there, I'll try to get it into this engine and then get you some new stuff ;)

But also, I was thinking in the sparks/FX for this game, which ones should be, so I made a new poll, so get your vote ;)