YesNoOk

Major unpaid comission- involving Bea ( smee )  (Read 20276 times)

Started by Iced, April 25, 2017, 05:41:59 pm
Share this topic:
Major unpaid comission- involving Bea ( smee )
New #1  April 25, 2017, 05:41:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Mod edit: I separated this thread from an older one, since it was one of the few times Bastard had talked about when he got scammed here. In this post I explain the situation in detail.
We decided that it wasnt clear what happened so we made this thread to clarify it.

https://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2551300

While talking to Dshiz today I realized we only had ever talked about this at length in the discord server.

So I chatted with Bastard Mami and we thought it would be better to leave a clarifying post.

about Seven years ago, I was approached by bea to start a new fighting game company, she had already contacted bastard mami as a coder of the engine, E on comission for bea left his job to work on it solely and setup a new fighting engine we could use. https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fighters-generator-previously-nekoconeko-new-fighting-game-engine-182241.0.html

During it bea stopped paying claiming bank transference issues, me, Iced, covered a few payments just to prevent E from losing his home and Bea, initially thankful and saying she would fix the situation went and ghosted us both.
We have repeatedly attempted to talk to her, Beatrice whenever she responded claimed she would make the situation right and to just wait and then never did.
This happened years ago and we discussed it on the discord back then. but we figured there was no clear post about it.
It was a very stressful situation, both me and E really trusted Bea and were left in the dust over this.
I lost only a bit of money( the one I advanced to E )  but the major loss was a friendship i had for decades with Bea.
 E almost lost his house over the ordeal.

I separated from an old random topic thread Bastard bringing up the situation about five years ago, around the time it got clear that we were ghosted.
Re: Major unpaid comission- involving Bea ( smee )
New #2  December 08, 2017, 04:38:53 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
created a code generator at work because writting generic code is a waste of time.
Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 01:48:28 am by Iced
#3  December 08, 2017, 04:49:14 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet

I know I’ve seen this before years ago but what do you do for work. Fun stuff or work stuff?

Whoo-hoo! thank goodness for batch. I just made 1024 animations in my air file in like 10 minutes, that could have been a nightmare.
Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:27:11 am by ink
#4  December 09, 2017, 09:05:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I used to work for bia but she stopped paying me (while telling me that she was going to keep on paying me, but she's not even replying to my messages ) so I went back to programming for business aplications.
Last week I finished the training course at work, so I was given a 1 week assignment, which I could have coded in one day, 2 tops (actually the assignment was for a team of 4 all fo us new hires)since that was pretty easy Idecided to not waste time and spend the extra time helping my coworkers with whatever they got stuck with and programmed a code generato}r to program my assignment so I coudl take  down the programming time froma  few hours to a few minutes. once you spend enough time coding business apps youcan spot patterns and then code thing that 66automatically handle those patterns.

The project with bia was finished but it was left ina  comercially unviable way, so I will ask some people to give me some career advice regarding that since I don't feel like working for the videogames industry after this burn (or for brasilians or for transexuals).
#5  December 13, 2017, 05:15:42 pm
I used to work for bia but she stopped paying me (while telling me that she was going to keep on paying me, but she's not even replying to my messages ) so I went back to programming for business aplications.
Last week I finished the training course at work, so I was given a 1 week assignment, which I could have coded in one day, 2 tops (actually the assignment was for a team of 4 all fo us new hires)since that was pretty easy Idecided to not waste time and spend the extra time helping my coworkers with whatever they got stuck with and programmed a code generato}r to program my assignment so I coudl take  down the programming time froma  few hours to a few minutes. once you spend enough time coding business apps youcan spot patterns and then code thing that 66automatically handle those patterns.

The project with bia was finished but it was left ina  comercially unviable way, so I will ask some people to give me some career advice regarding that since I don't feel like working for the videogames industry after this burn (or for brasilians or for transexuals).
that situation sounds very shitty but i will wait for bea's side of the story

#6  December 15, 2017, 10:41:27 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet

I'm late seeing this...
I thought you did something like that for work.
Im bummed to hear about your work with bia, hopefully it all works out. I wish I could get into that sprite/animation side of a commercial games or just getting paid *well* to make fan sprites.

✓-Had an eureka moment when dreaming up code for a Mugen version of Tetris.
✓-Scrambled to get my thoughts down.
✓-Many hours have gone by.
✓-Just realized I haven't checked or ran any of my code through Mugen yet....

Bracing for disappointment!
update: it worked out! Beginning stages of Gameboy Tetris
https://www.dropbox.com/s/14gbe9fcvj0vfm5/bandicam%202017-12-15%2016-23-43-460.mp4?dl=0
Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:45:15 pm by ink
#7  December 17, 2017, 03:04:58 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Im bummed to hear about your work with bia, hopefully it all works out. I wish I could get into that sprite/animation side of a commercial games or just getting paid *well* to make fan sprites.

considering how long ago has it been since she last replied to me and even longer since I last got any reasonable amount of money (her getting other people from the comunity to send me 50 dollars (thanks guys, not your fault) to last me a few months does not count), I don't count on ehr paying me anymore.  So I will modify the engine to be even less comercially viable and  probably go, if possible for a steam release (10 usd or so, considering steam keeps half the money )so we will have a mugen alternative in around two months.
Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 03:26:57 am by Bastard Mami
#8  September 19, 2023, 01:30:47 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
While talking to Dshiz today I realized we only had ever talked about this at length in the discord server.

So I chatted with Bastard Mami and we thought it would be better to leave a clarifying post.

about Seven years ago, I was approached by bea to start a new fighting game company, she had already contacted bastard mami as a coder of the engine, E on comission for bea left his job to work on it solely and setup a new fighting engine we could use. https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fighters-generator-previously-nekoconeko-new-fighting-game-engine-182241.0.html

During it bea stopped paying claiming bank transference issues, me, Iced, covered a few payments just to prevent E from losing his home and Bea, initially thankful and saying she would fix the situation went and ghosted us both. 
We have repeatedly attempted to talk to her, Beatrice whenever she responded claimed she would make the situation right and to just wait and then never did.
This happened years ago and we discussed it on the discord back then. but we figured there was no clear post about it.
It was a very stressful situation, both me and E really trusted Bea and were left in the dust over this.
I lost only a bit of money( the one I advanced to E )  but the major loss was a friendship i had for decades with Bea.
 E almost lost his house over the ordeal.

I separated from an old random topic thread Bastard bringing up the situation about five years ago, around the time it got clear that we were ghosted.