YesNoOk

Hong Kong Phooey #1 super guy!  (Read 30090 times)

Started by [IN]famous, April 04, 2012, 10:44:25 am
Share this topic:
Hong Kong Phooey #1 super guy!
New #1  April 04, 2012, 10:44:25 am

* (BETA test ... SOON.) pm me if you're interested. *
*Character still in developement! Thanks for staying tuned. :) *
---
80%
Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:08:11 pm by [IN]famous
Re: Hong Kong Phooey - Project #2 | early WIP |
#2  April 04, 2012, 10:56:46 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Well, if he gets finished, I guess we know who's going to win all Mugen fights from here on out.  After all, he is the number one super guy.

I'm not sure you should be worried about setting a date to have it finished by, if you're this earily into it, but that's just little ol' unprofessional me.

Well, I guess to start, the test strike that you provided, the back foot should move a little when he moves his whole body to swing.  Also, what fighting style are you aiming for with him?
#3  April 05, 2012, 10:57:37 am
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
I thought DDR was going to make this.

Never mind....can't wait for the release of your Hong Kong Phooey!  ;D
#4  April 05, 2012, 01:36:05 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Hong Kong Phooey?? Rad baby!! Mugen needs more creations like this. I look forward to your progress.

Best wishes!!  :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#5  April 05, 2012, 07:50:59 pm
  • Mas y Mas Wips XD
    • alan-san.deviantart.com/
Hong Kong Phooey is Looking Good man good luck in your wip  :)
#6  April 05, 2012, 07:59:44 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I like this style! it's easy & it's clever, good luck! I look forward to a match with Hong Kong Phooey vs Fat Albert & them!
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#7  April 05, 2012, 08:22:39 pm
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
hell yeah ............. now if someone would finish Duckula & Dangermouse , id be in heaven
#8  April 05, 2012, 10:59:53 pm
Hey good luck with this one Infamous!  Kinda funny your 2nd character happens to be another cartoon dog  :P 

Oh great WlanmaniaX is making more characters woohoo :computer:
#9  April 06, 2012, 01:08:10 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
#10  April 06, 2012, 03:21:29 am
  • ANGRY BIRDS GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • Mexico
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/fer619/
very interesting wip you have here, good luck with it

#11  April 06, 2012, 03:52:23 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
You know, I was hoping for a project like this to appear. Good luck man.
#12  April 07, 2012, 04:06:03 am
Hey MFG!  :sugoi:

8) I'm glad to see that other people are just as stoked about HKP as I am. Although it's early days in this project feel free to offer any ideas that might come to mind but keep in mind that coding wont start until the sprites are complete, so if you could comment on how it looks (the spriting ect.) that would be appreciated.

- Some little bits of information -

> HKP will have 100% original sprites, no reworks.
> All animations and moves will be taken directly from the cartoon series.
> The Phooey car and Spot the cat will appear.

I'm not sure you should be worried about setting a date to have it finished by, if you're this earily into it, but that's just little ol' unprofessional me.

:) Well as some of you might have noticed I like to set a date to have works finished by. It helps me to have a goal to reach, or a time frame in which i'd like to have stuff done by. This helps to stop a number of things (like having many wips all at the same time, and completing none) or taking my sweet ass time. In reality I could take as long as I want and not release anything. But I don't see the point in that.

One thing I decided when I re-joined was not to leave any projects unfinished (or finish them to the best of my ability). As with my release of Brian, I could have just made it a one time release and be done with it but already since the public beta release, I can say because I know, that he is already WAY better from all the input some members gave me. ;D Thanks! His final release at the end of this month.  :sugoi:

... so yeh, I set a date. It might be before that, it might be after that (hope not), but for now I have set a finish line ... I just need to find the track.  :-\ (btw, i started this sprite sheet about 2 months ago so already there is a nice chunk of it done)

Hey good luck with this one Infamous!  Kinda funny your 2nd character happens to be another cartoon dog  :P 

HA! I was wondering how long it would take someone to say that. :sugoi: I didn't plan it like that, just kinda happened that way.  :P

... more information coming soon.  :ninja:
80%
Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:09:38 am by [IN]famous
#13  April 10, 2012, 05:03:33 pm
Here's a few  test animations (wip)

(R>L) . (L>R)
^ I seen this move in an episode and thought i'd be able to use
it as some type of hyper spin move? (hits will be added)

^ One legged stance. (begining part of a move)

---
 :ninja:

80%
Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:00:41 am by [IN]famous
#14  April 13, 2012, 05:19:47 am
Your test animations look very good. And that hyper spinning top move looks really good from what I can see, does he get dizzy afterwards? Hopefully you won't leave us hanging out too long...
#15  April 24, 2012, 04:02:45 pm
... does he get dizzy afterwards?

I hadn't thought about doing any dizzy sprites out of that move. Still early in the project so will most likely be included. Nice idea! ( any updates on stay puff? 8) )

---

(L>R) .
This move is coming along nicely. What you see here is only a fraction of the hits i've sprited so far for this particular action but haven't yet tested in motion. The ears still need work as does the spin to make it look a little less solid and more, umm, spinny.  ;D

---

^ this still needs work. maybe 2 more sprites in the animation. I'm planing to use it as a transfer animation so it might not loop like that. (even though it kinda looks like it could)

EEYAH!!!!  :ninja:
80%
Re: Hong Kong Phooey (WIP)
#16  April 25, 2012, 08:01:03 am
  • Kofi Kingston - Boom Boom Boom!
    • American Samoa
Love what I see man. Keep up the good work.  :)
#17  April 26, 2012, 11:23:48 am
Love what I see man. Keep up the good work.  :)

:sugoi: thanks!

Still a ways to go but so far so good.  :sugoi:

---

I'll post a more detailed spread of what I intend the spriting basics to be of HKP. I have some nice stuff already, some other attacks and a completed version of a few Phooey car animations.

This thread will start to move along alot quicker in about a week so, as always, any ideas are welcome.

:sugoi: stay tuned!

80%
#18  April 26, 2012, 05:03:19 pm
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
I got my idea.

I think, you should do the Shock/Frozen/Burned/Midnight Bliss sprites for your Hong Kong Phooey because, it will be brilliant to see when it's released!  :D
#19  April 26, 2012, 06:24:44 pm
The spinning animation is looking good. The dizzy would work if you made two different levels of the super: one that doesn't last long (and he does not become dizzy/move quick) ,and then one where the super does more damage, lasts a bit longer/faster and he does become dizzy afterwards as a price. Probably make him spin quicker in that one too. That way, it would make the move more risky, but rewarding in a way if you made two different levels because people could choose to gamble on one that doesn't do a lot of damage, or one that does more damage but leaves them open for a while. Just a suggestion, and hope to see more. Good luck. :sugoi:
#20  April 28, 2012, 04:41:39 pm
80%
Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:56:01 am by [IN]famous