YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] SNK/KOF Sprite thread (Read 1112869 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:53:18 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] SNK/KOF Sprite thread
#1361  June 30, 2023, 10:03:38 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
31 years old Athena Asamiya

Spoiler: (previous DeviantArt description) (click to see content)

Thoughts on any of these?
Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 11:34:04 pm by NDSilva
#1362  August 15, 2023, 06:03:49 pm
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
Apologies for the necro bump, but I would like to present a little animation for Oersted that I've been working on for quite some time, and just managed to finish as of this morning.

Constructive criticism is, and would be appreciated. Also, I didn't actually make the Oersted sprite myself (credit goes to ShadowAOD for making the original sprite in the first place), I merely animated it.
#1363  August 18, 2023, 07:44:50 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
The animation is wonderful, and the shading is very well done. One thing that makes this feel not so much like a SNK sprite is that the contrast is a tad weak on the lighting of certain areas, and it feels like it has too many colors for a SNK sprite. KOF sprites commonly have their color palette be applied and shared across multiple parts of the sprite's shading, like how skin tones are used to shade hair and the like.

This is my attempt at making it better match the 15 color limit that the official sprites usually have. Feel free to utilize it or approach it however you see fit.

Shit
#1364  August 18, 2023, 10:14:34 pm
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
The animation is wonderful, and the shading is very well done. One thing that makes this feel not so much like a SNK sprite is that the contrast is a tad weak on the lighting of certain areas, and it feels like it has too many colors for a SNK sprite. KOF sprites commonly have their color palette be applied and shared across multiple parts of the sprite's shading, like how skin tones are used to shade hair and the like.

This is my attempt at making it better match the 15 color limit that the official sprites usually have. Feel free to utilize it or approach it however you see fit.

Thanks for the feedback!
#1365  September 15, 2023, 01:29:04 am
My attempt at smoothing out iori's intro animation since the original was surprisingly choppy (seems like it only recieved clean ups in later kof titles)

Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 01:46:04 am by shadowAOD
#1366  September 15, 2023, 02:19:05 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
now that is smooth.
#1367  September 15, 2023, 05:31:33 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
My attempt at smoothing out iori's intro animation since the original was surprisingly choppy (seems like it only recieved clean ups in later kof titles)

Wow you arent kidding when you said choppy lmao. Thats legit bad. Your version is perfect!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1368  September 15, 2023, 05:36:13 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

This is honestly quite impressive but I feel like it may be a little too smooth... it's either due to that little extra phase where he readjusts his posture at the end or the fact that I may have gotten a bit too used to the original choppy version (which I thought was more charming)
#1369  September 15, 2023, 07:05:56 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Beautiful work as always on that Iori. I love how he overshoots his standing position and then gets back to it, that adds so much to it. Also that foot shuffle, so good!
#1370  September 15, 2023, 02:41:02 pm

This is just amazing, great work!
#1371  September 15, 2023, 08:40:05 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn

Jeez, that is like, Mark of the Wolves level smooth! Brilliant!
#1372  September 16, 2023, 07:20:02 am
  • Shit
...damn, I never realized how choppy the original intro animation was. Great job!

Shit
#1373  October 07, 2023, 06:19:01 pm
Trying my hand at Garou to KOF Conversion, Don't know if anyone has to tried to do it with these 2 but I wanted to give it my best shot :)

#1374  October 07, 2023, 08:41:01 pm
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org

I know Kolossoni made KoF mugen versions of the twins based on their appearances as strikers in 2000 but I don't know how well the remaining Garou animations were actually converted to the style. I think what you did was pretty good but thought they would've been a bit smaller compared to the originals.
#1375  October 07, 2023, 09:15:47 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico

#1376  October 13, 2023, 03:27:58 pm
  • Shit
Trying my hand at Garou to KOF Conversion, Don't know if anyone has to tried to do it with these 2 but I wanted to give it my best shot :)

Like Squidly mentioned, Kolossoni did make them both for Mugen, though the fluidity of the Garou animation is lost on both of them. What you did here is perfect and really does them both justice, it's something I've been hoping to see so badly, honestly!

Shit
#1377  October 13, 2023, 05:50:06 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
One thing I noticed is that Jae Hoon's hair is not as animated as in the original. Other than that they look amazing. :thumbsup:
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#1378  December 21, 2023, 11:27:53 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland

MK'92 cast.
Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 05:53:32 pm by sabockee
#1379  April 04, 2024, 11:18:39 am
A quick one, made an idle animation for Nakoruru from kof 2000
#1380  April 05, 2024, 12:04:51 pm
  • Shit
Always liked how her 2000 Striker sprite design looked, so this is just awesome to see. Really smooth stuff there

Shit