YesNoOk

*FIXED* Can't get portraits to show properly in NoZ LEGACY HD (Read 8373 times)

Started by dakidbanks, September 07, 2014, 08:38:20 am
Share this topic:
*FIXED* Can't get portraits to show properly in NoZ LEGACY HD
#1  September 07, 2014, 08:38:20 am
Can anyone help me with Fighter Factory 3? I know how to replace images in the group 9000 but once I save, they aren't appearing in game like they're suppose to.

Am I suppose to leave something checked/unchecked? Should I not adapt the image? Anybody got a simple step by step solution to how to properly replaces images in these sprites without palette problems? Thanks in advance
Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:07:20 am by dakidbanks
Re: Can't get portraits to show properly in NoZ LEGACY HD
#2  September 07, 2014, 08:41:18 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Did you save the sff file as MUGEN 1.1? You need to do that before you add your port.

Here's a step-by-step:
1. Open FF3, open character
2. Sprite > Save As > MUGEN 1.1
3. Replace your characters sff
4. Find the port you want to replace
5. Delete it, use the red X on the sidebar
6. Use the slider to go right to the end of the sprites
7. Add new sprite at 9000,0 or 9000,1 or whatever your replacing, make sure your coords are 0,0 (or whatever is specified)
8. Save project.
Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:48:41 am by presidentdevon
#3  September 07, 2014, 05:11:17 pm
Did you save the sff file as MUGEN 1.1? You need to do that before you add your port.

Here's a step-by-step:
1. Open FF3, open character
2. Sprite > Save As > MUGEN 1.1
3. Replace your characters sff
4. Find the port you want to replace
5. Delete it, use the red X on the sidebar
6. Use the slider to go right to the end of the sprites
7. Add new sprite at 9000,0 or 9000,1 or whatever your replacing, make sure your coords are 0,0 (or whatever is specified)
8. Save project.

No I did not do that. I did not know I had to save as Mugen 1.1

When I do the save as option does that mean I'm saving a brand new def as Mugen 1.1?

* Nevermind just found the option to save as 1.1 let me try now... I had been saving from the file and not the sprite section

now when I add the new sprite, do I crop? Do I ignore the palette question when it asks me to force specified palette or do I leave it as is and press ok?

Posted: September 07, 2014, 09:35:12 pm
UPDATE:

Okay.. I'm able to successfully get the ports to show correctly in game for 9000 numbers 0-2 but when I add a brand new sprite (the lifebar one for this screenpack), its not showing in game.. any suggestions?
Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 09:35:12 pm by dakidbanks
#4  September 07, 2014, 10:50:02 pm
  • AfroSamurai
  • Nothing personal. It’s just revenge.
    • Germany
ok step by step.

i had exactly the same problem.

-first look at the bottom of fighter factory where it says build or version. you can clikc on that bottom line and then use 1.1

- go to sprites, search the sprite you want to switch

- insert new sprite, when it asks to crop say ''no'' and then click ok, let everything else as it is

-when you try to add a new sprite like 9000,3 go through the sprite section to the last sprite of the char and add a new one.

- when it asks group number etc say 9000 and 3 on the other side and click yes or ok

- do not crop, leave everything else as it is.

click save under project and this should be it

hope i could help u

the most important thing here is to go through the sprite section to the last sprite number which is possibly and THEN add the new one.
i dont know why its like that but i had some problems with that a year ago. maybe ff3 searches for the last sprites first or something.

have fun buddy :)
#5  September 08, 2014, 12:22:14 am
ok step by step.

-first look at the bottom of fighter factory where it says build or version. you can clikc on that bottom line and then use 1.1

- insert new sprite, when it asks to crop say ''no'' and then click ok, let everything else as it is

-when you try to add a new sprite like 9000,3 go through the sprite section to the last sprite of the char and add a new one.

- when it asks group number etc say 9000 and 3 on the other side and click yes or ok

hope i could help u

the most important thing here is to go through the sprite section to the last sprite number which is possibly and THEN add the new one.
i dont know why its like that but i had some problems with that a year ago. maybe ff3 searches for the last sprites first or something.

I successfully got all of the ports correct but now the palettes of the in game characters themselves are messed up

NoZ

#6  September 08, 2014, 12:25:18 am
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
When adding ports its better to delete a existing port and then add the new one,instead of replacing the old one with the new one via change image
#7  September 08, 2014, 12:36:09 am
When adding ports its better to delete a existing port and then add the new one,instead of replacing the old one with the new one via change image

Just did that... using Superman for example here's what I did:

- opened char in FF3
- went to save sprite and clicked the Mugen 1.1 selection
- deleted the 9000 sprites and added the new 1s from your port folder
- Saved project
- After opening Legacy, the ports show up correctly but the actual character in the game's palettes are messed up

The only successful conversion I've made so far is applying your ports to beterhan's update to POTS Ryu

I really suck at this lol

Posted: September 08, 2014, 12:41:58 am
Okay.. I think I figured out what the problem is..... after I replace these chars' original sff to a Mugen 1.1 sff, the palettes become messed up before I even apply the ports

Now I need help preventing them from messing up
#8  September 08, 2014, 10:19:43 am
  • AfroSamurai
    • Germany
try to change the version number in ff3 at the bottom line BEFORE you open up a new project.
hope this helps
#9  September 08, 2014, 01:28:38 pm
try to change the version number in ff3 at the bottom line BEFORE you open up a new project.
hope this helps

Yeah that didn't work either... only chars that have worked without their palettes messing up are beterhans/POTS Ryu and Infinite's characters. I looked to see what they had in common and what deferred from the ones messing up and I saw some palette map code in the .def file but I'm not a coder so I don't know what that is.

I copied and pasted that code to my other defs and they still didn't work.

All the chars I have to change from Mugen Beta to 1.1 have this palette issue
#10  September 08, 2014, 04:15:08 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#11  September 08, 2014, 06:10:46 pm
  • AfroSamurai
    • Germany
ok step by step.

hope i could help u

:D
#12  September 09, 2014, 02:51:52 am
I'm following these instructions and the palettes are still messing up.. take this char for example http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Uploads/AvX/Spiderman.zip

Can any of you guys give Spidey the exact same ports from NoZ folder and tell me if the palettes mess up? The ports show up correctly but the palettes are all screwed up.. it's like none are even there

Just curious to see if anyone else runs into the same problem with this char for example
#13  September 09, 2014, 07:10:05 am
  • Pokemon Master in Training
    • USA
    • djsims2012@gmail.com
My characters are okay. But all the portraits decided they don't like staying the color i want them and just change into a different color when i save them. a perfect Goku portrait goes all green once i hit save. Followed your directions to a T and still no change.
Then there were none...
#14  September 09, 2014, 01:10:16 pm
I've only had success with Infinite's characters and POTS Ryu... all seemed to have had a Mugen 1.0 sff before I changed it to a 1.1 sff

I noticed in all the defs there's some palette keymap thing that's not in the chars I'm having sprite palette issues with. I even copied and pasted that part into the other chars and still no luck.

That's the part I need help with.. I'm adding the sprites at the VERY end after deleting previously existing ones like 9000,0 and 1 but the sprite palettes ALWAYS mess up if the char goes from Mugen Beta to 1.1. To test this, I changed Zvitor's Spider-Man for example's sff which was listed as Mugen Beta into 1.1 and saved it before I even added the ports, opened him in Legacy and the palettes were already messed up so this is a Beta to 1.1 transition problem I'm having.

I'm following the directions perfectly but I think there's some extra steps missing regarding changing a char from Mugen Beta version to 1.1 unless I'm somehow fooling myself
#15  September 09, 2014, 02:57:00 pm
  • AfroSamurai
    • Germany
ok just to get that right... do use use ''save as'' and save as 1.1 or are you changing the running system of ff3 into 1.1 ?
u can change that by clicking the bottom line in ff3 where it says version or built number.
#16  September 09, 2014, 03:19:34 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
I'm assuming your palettes are locked into one color?

If so, make sure you have this in state 5900 of your chars:
Code:
[State 5900, 3] ;Change palette
type = RemapPal
trigger1 = 1
source = 1,1
dest = 1,palno

Also make sure that pal keymap is in the def.
#17  September 10, 2014, 02:35:20 am
I'm assuming your palettes are locked into one color?

If so, make sure you have this in state 5900 of your chars:
Code:
[State 5900, 3] ;Change palette
type = RemapPal
trigger1 = 1
source = 1,1
dest = 1,palno

Also make sure that pal keymap is in the def.

I'll try this code... maybe I should change the thread title since I figured out how to add the portraits correctly....... its the sprite palettes that have become the new issue.

So am I opening the cns file of my chars? Some chars don't have a state 5900

Posted: September 10, 2014, 02:59:27 am
and does it have to be 5900, 3? I'm using the AvX Spider-Man and this is the 5900, 3

[State 5900, 3] ;Intro for round 1
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = roundno = 1
value = 190
Re: *FIXED* Can't get portraits to show properly in NoZ LEGACY HD
#18  September 11, 2014, 05:25:09 am
    • Brazil
I' m running into the same problem here... first the portrais appears with strange colors, so I followed the instructions and converted the sff to 1.1
now the problem is the caracters only have one palette and the special/hyper color effects are wrong too
I m trying to incorporate Jmorphaman and Balthazar/Cybaster characters.. only have sucess on Chun-li since her sff is already 1.0 before I change to 1.1

If someone can help or upload a video showing how to do it... Really love the screenpack, its a true masterpiece
Re: *FIXED* Can't get portraits to show properly in NoZ LEGACY HD
#19  September 11, 2014, 05:48:30 am
I' m running into the same problem here... first the portrais appears with strange colors, so I followed the instructions and converted the sff to 1.1
now the problem is the caracters only have one palette and the special/hyper color effects are wrong too
I m trying to incorporate Jmorphaman and Balthazar/Cybaster characters.. only have sucess on Chun-li since her sff is already 1.0 before I change to 1.1

If someone can help or upload a video showing how to do it... Really love the screenpack, its a true masterpiece

I decided to make a new thread on this issue here: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sprite-palettes-mess-converting-char-mugen-beta-1-1-162190.0.html

Did that because my original problem has been fixed and I've run into a new 1 so I didn't want people coming in here thinking I'm still having the portrait problem. My character itself's sprites are destroyed basically. I'm not a coder or anything so I really need in depth detail. I've searched Google and stuff but the adding the palette keymap to a char's def doesn't fix anything either.... I'm just as lost as you lol