YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1239022 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates
#441  August 21, 2022, 08:03:23 am
    • USA
Hey POTS, can you explain the intricate differences from the IKEMEN GO versions of your chars?
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#442  August 21, 2022, 12:41:28 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Prior to your return, I included my own patches. Then, to not conflict with Jmorphman's patches(as his had more intricate stuff added to your Bison/Ryu), I suggested that he add my chars to his patches. JMM's patches also include the triggers for mine. That's why there's no longer any patches with my stuff and why I also kept the triggers for them to be compatible.
That makes sense. Now that you mention it, I have to look into that Bison patch.

Hey POTS, can you explain the intricate differences from the IKEMEN GO versions of your chars?
Sure. After checking the readmes I think these are the biggest changes:

- Balance, gameplay and other adjustments continue from where I left the Mugen versions
- A few new moves. Shin Gouki has the MvC3 standing Hadouken spam, Vega has EX specials, Ryu has Denjin Renki (next update), a few more
- Stun system and movelists were ported to Ikemen's native systems
- Ikemen's stun and guard break systems work better than with normal Mugen characters. For instance Custom Combos don't deal stun and supers deal less guard damage. This however is temporary as I relayed some feedback to the Ikemen Go team to improve those systems for every legacy character
- The inputs are now completely handled by a custom "buffer"
- Damage scaling redone (apparently I forgot to list this in the readmes). Now similar to SF4 and SF5
- Related to the above, but the minimum damage threshold (7 points) was removed, and chip damage is higher but also affected by scaling

That should sum up a good part of it, but if you really want "intricate" it's better to check the individual readmes (even if I don't always list everything I change).
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#443  August 21, 2022, 05:12:21 pm
    • Brazil
Could you at least add the new moves to the 1.1 versions? I'd really hate to miss on those, specially if you add moves to Morrigan eventually.
#444  August 21, 2022, 05:44:02 pm
    • Portugal
I don't really look forward to that since that's just doubling my amount of work. I had to discontinue the WinMugen versions too when 1.0 came out.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#445  August 25, 2022, 10:16:04 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Hey. I found another thing with your Pocket Shin Gouki.
When you perform his Kongou Kokuretsu Zan lv3 at a certain distance from the opponent, they'll get hit by the shockwave just once for very little damage and fly behind Gouki.

https://streamable.com/vxlvdi

At least I don't think it's intentional...
#446  August 30, 2022, 08:28:13 am
    • Mexico
Hi pots, I found some details in ikemen with Ryu:

When executing kaze no ken, the fall effect is shown far away from the opponent.

For some reason I can't execute the move sokuto geri with master Ryu, instead just do ryusokyaku.

The command list does not display tatsumaki as an Ex move.

#447  August 31, 2022, 08:28:31 am
    • Mexico
Same with Shadow, final mission fall of the opponent spark misaligned.

The move list file does not contain shadow warp in the description.

#448  September 02, 2022, 02:22:08 am
    • Mexico
There is also an error in the water of the Kraken, you can see an uncovered line.

Tested on ikemen.

#449  September 03, 2022, 04:17:05 am
    • Mexico
The sound of Mamahaha's flutter doesn't disappear in tag mode if you change Nakoruru for another character and in some stages the falcon is still seen.

Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 04:22:48 am by xerf84
#450  September 03, 2022, 01:38:24 pm
    • Portugal
Hey. I found another thing with your Pocket Shin Gouki.
When you perform his Kongou Kokuretsu Zan lv3 at a certain distance from the opponent, they'll get hit by the shockwave just once for very little damage and fly behind Gouki.

https://streamable.com/vxlvdi

At least I don't think it's intentional...
You know I'm glad you brought this up. I fixed some bugs in the Mugen versions but can't remember what they were, but now I have an excuse to reupload them later. ;P

@xerf84: Some of these I had already fixed, but most of them are new to me. Thanks for pointing them out.

There is also an error in the water of the Kraken, you can see an uncovered line.

Tested on ikemen.
I remember specifically fixing this when I updated the char to Mugen 1.0 so it's odd. There may be a slight difference in how explods are rendered. Either way I'm not yet sure if the "miscellaneous" characters will be updated for Ikemen. Kraken apparently does need some fixes to work with stage zooming though.

The sound of Mamahaha's flutter doesn't disappear in tag mode if you change Nakoruru for another character and in some stages the falcon is still seen.
Fixed the sound issue. The stage issue is related to the stage itself and I won't be able to fix it until the next version of Ikemen Go comes out, which adds a new feature just for that.
If you try to throw a Hadouken at the edge of that stage I bet it will also get stuck there.
#451  September 03, 2022, 08:34:04 pm
    • Mexico
Thanks pots, if I found more details, sure I post it. Saludos.
#452  September 11, 2022, 03:23:52 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Dan's special winpose for winning with his Otoko Michi doesn't work anymore.
#453  September 11, 2022, 09:22:07 am
    • Portugal
I happened to have already fixed that one, but you reminded me that I've been sitting on the updates for too long, so I uploaded them just now.
#454  September 12, 2022, 01:07:42 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I don't think you have noticed, but I found a small minor error on Nash. He can still explode when defeated on his normal mode. It looks weird when Nash does it as he's still human and not a cyborg like Shadow.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#455  September 12, 2022, 01:42:29 am
    • Brazil
    • amoreira@gmail.com
Hey POTS,

awesome work, as always!

Can you explain a little more about the 'Safe Fall' patch that you've seemingly done? I'm getting a crash on Ikemen-GO with MUGEN 1.x chars in general that use your system, and your characters are seemingly immune to that crash (about that, I've opened an issue on their Github and a separate post here).

For example, in your ryusystem.st, there is:

;trigger1 = enemynear, command = "recovery";currently broken in Ikemen
trigger1 = (enemynear, command = "x" + enemynear, command = "y" + enemynear, command = "z") >= 2 || (enemynear, command = "$D")

I have tried to apply a similar logic in those other chars, but I sometimes get the crash when mashing "recovery", even if I completely comment out the 'Safe Fall' State definition.

P.S.: I just noticed that this is actually an error handling on the enemy's 'Safe Fall', and would not affect the player-controlled own character? I'm confused LOL.
#456  September 12, 2022, 04:28:48 pm
    • Portugal
I don't think you have noticed, but I found a small minor error on Nash. He can still explode when defeated on his normal mode. It looks weird when Nash does it as he's still human and not a cyborg like Shadow.
D'oh! Fixed and reuploaded. Thanks.

Hey POTS,

awesome work, as always!

Can you explain a little more about the 'Safe Fall' patch that you've seemingly done? I'm getting a crash on Ikemen-GO with MUGEN 1.x chars in general that use your system, and your characters are seemingly immune to that crash (about that, I've opened an issue on their Github and a separate post here).
The code is different between the Mugen and Ikemen versions. But the gist of it is that, since you can't make an attack allow safe fall without allowing air recovery, the chars override the opponent's handling of recovery via targetstate (Mugen) or redirectID (Ikemen) so they can only safe fall.

That comented out line is related to a separate issue. I've never had this crash myself.
#457  September 14, 2022, 03:54:21 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Have you thought about creating any new character you want?
#458  September 14, 2022, 07:47:43 pm
    • Brazil
Hopefully not, I'd hate to see an entirely new POTS char from POTS himself limited to Ikemen.
#459  September 14, 2022, 10:22:10 pm
As a 1.1 holdout, I appreciate the legacy updates, PotS!
@Macaulyn97 Just be supportive, dude. Not trying to start anything or give you false hope here, but he might still reconsider if you ask nicer lol

DW

#460  September 17, 2022, 05:44:47 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
A few things of note for Bison:

-If you glide over down/down forward in any way, even just slightly, when trying to do P.Crusher, you'll get P.Impact instead almost every time. I would suggest a half circle forward motion that isn't as easy and lenient as what you have now. I'm sure Impact has more command priority over Crusher as well, which only exacerbates this issue.

-This may not be an issue anymore, though I want to note it just in case: P.Impact's first hit doesn't(didn't) put p2 in hitstun long enough for the second hit to connect at times. P2 can block it, even if hit by the first uppercut portion.