YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 851684 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1441  August 08, 2021, 11:25:44 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1442  August 08, 2021, 02:43:58 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000

Wait did you just say "I don't see a NESTS defector teaming up with other NESTS defectors"

Is that not literally K' and his team

No: K', Maxima and Kula are defectors, Sylvie Paula Paula is an outright rejected experiment, and Angel no longer works for NESTS literally because NESTS no longer exists.
#1443  August 08, 2021, 02:53:50 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
#1444  August 08, 2021, 03:07:09 pm
Oh, you mean Angel is still supposed to be a bad guy even outside of NESTS and K'/Kula/Maxima are good guys ? I wouldn't think that matters, Kula might hold a bit of resentment from that ending at most, nothing more. But I just checked the wiki and apparently Angel's attack on Foxy isn't a canon ending ? So who knows, if SNK wants to put them in a team, there's nothing to say they wouldn't.
During the final moments of the tournament, it is revealed that both Angel and K9999 are actually on a mission to kill Kula Diamond and her guardians.
While it is implied that Foxy is injured by them, this ending is considered non-canon. According to the 2001 novel, both she and K9999 disappear in the aftermath, with the latter never to be seen again.[2] However, in the games, it is instead implied that Angel stayed behind to try and destroy NESTS' base for good while K9999 left on one of the Ikari Warriors' helicopters.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 03:23:23 pm by Byakko
#1445  August 08, 2021, 03:27:22 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
As much as I love and miss K9999, dude's absolutely never coming back.
I love and miss k9999 too, but SNK erradicated from their existence for being a palleteswap of AKIRA's Tetsuo and eliminated him from canon to avoid copyright issues again. I went sad when every register of him was deleted from XIV's gallery, not even an artwork of him or where he appears is there (the illustration of Team NESTS is the only 2k1 team that has 3 members instead of four, and same with 2k2 with Kula and Foxy only). In-story, I assumed k9999 died during the events of 2k1 and only his 3 companions survived... and Nameless is not-canon, coming from an updated re-release of a Dream Match game...

For me, Angel will come back, but again as the Team Mexico, unless SNK revived someone from AOF3 (Fu-Ha?) and replaced her in the team

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#1446  August 08, 2021, 05:36:33 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Nameless may be non-canon, but they can still very much use him and change that, if his appearance in KOFAS is anything to go by. Also, I didn't know they retconned Angel still being loyal to NESTS, especially since a lot of her dialogue in XIV is still kind of evil-ish, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's a definitive connection there.
#1447  August 08, 2021, 06:26:11 pm
She can be a "kind of bad guy" even after ditching NESTS. Actually, I don't remember what dialog or scene might hint that she was still loyal to NESTS. Even in the retconned 01 endings, it just looked to me like she was running away with K9999 and didn't care about NESTS (K9999 was also getting on their bad side).
#1448  August 08, 2021, 06:46:19 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Oh, you mean Angel is still supposed to be a bad guy even outside of NESTS and K'/Kula/Maxima are good guys ?

I wouldn't say that she's necessarily a "bad" character. Just because K' and his teammates were groomed to be likeable, sympathetic characters, it doesn't mean Angel is an evil one.
That said, Angel wasn't developed the same way K', Maxima and Kula were. K' had a terrible childhood, lost his sister, got bossed around by Krizalid and now is a fugitive. Maxima too. Kula lost her sister Candy, left her only home and is also a fugitive.

Angel is more of a realistic character than the trio. She's more serious & cautious of her path. K', Maxima and Kula are pretty one-dimensional regarding motivations & personalities.
Angel is too complex to team up with the other NESTS defectors. Maybe if K9999 (or Nameless) came back and Sylvie joins too, that'll be a different story.
#1449  August 09, 2021, 10:10:42 am
Nameless may be non-canon, but they can still very much use him and change that, if his appearance in KOFAS is anything to go by. Also, I didn't know they retconned Angel still being loyal to NESTS, especially since a lot of her dialogue in XIV is still kind of evil-ish, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's a definitive connection there.

problem with nameless is he's a boring character and his back story is stupid.

k9999 is a shapeshifter they could just redesign him keep his personality and character.

i see angel and k9999 as chaotic evil . like yamazaki they could work for other big bosses for their benefit then ditch once they got what they want.
#1450  August 09, 2021, 07:09:54 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
The Best of Both Worlds:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1451  August 10, 2021, 01:08:50 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Tetsuo K9999999999 is the one character we can say, with 100% absolute certainty, is never coming back, ever. Holding any kind of hope for him is setting yourself for disappointment.

I wouldn't say that she's necessarily a "bad" character. Just because K' and his teammates were groomed to be likeable, sympathetic characters, it doesn't mean Angel is an evil one.
That said, Angel wasn't developed the same way K', Maxima and Kula were. K' had a terrible childhood, lost his sister, got bossed around by Krizalid and now is a fugitive. Maxima too. Kula lost her sister Candy, left her only home and is also a fugitive.

Angel is more of a realistic character than the trio. She's more serious & cautious of her path. K', Maxima and Kula are pretty one-dimensional regarding motivations & personalities.
Angel is too complex to team up with the other NESTS defectors. Maybe if K9999 (or Nameless) came back and Sylvie joins too, that'll be a different story.

i see angel and k9999 as chaotic evil . like yamazaki they could work for other big bosses for their benefit then ditch once they got what they want.

Angel is a neutral character, she just does whatever she wants regardless of allegiances. As shown in the ANB manga, once NESTS was gone she just moved on, and her current arc has her trying to find her place in a post NESTS world (Ramon is mostly trying to push her in the right direction).

#1452  August 10, 2021, 01:25:19 am
    • Brazil
Why do you say K99999999999999999's are chances so low?
#1453  August 10, 2021, 01:40:10 am
Because SNK purged him with fire out of everything, even artworks and team portraits and everything they could, including galleries from later games that included artwork from his games. Bleached the absolute fuck out of him. I don't know if there actually is any legal fear in there, personally I would imagine they're fine with references and easter eggs but not an obvious 100% straight copy of something they don't own because quite frankly that's always been fucking stupid, who does that. But supposedly the staff has an "unspoken rule" about never naming him "for legal reason".

SNK has expressed public disfavor for K9999 due to the explicitness of his tribute, such as:

Completely removing his Character Portrait and developer description off of the KOF website after The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match released.
K9999's Character Portrait in "The King of Fighters Character Encyclopedia" (which features every character that appears throughout the series up to KOF XIII) is censored into a black silhouette.
All past artwork that featured K9999 was completely redacted from The King of Fighters XIV's Gallery, which also includes every artwork where he was paired up with other characters.
The character Nameless was later created to specifically represent and replace him in subsequent titles as a stand-in, starting with The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match onwards.
K9999 was not mentioned or even included in The King of Fighters: A New Beginning manga and The King of Fighters All Star's 2001 story scenario, both of which depicts Angel being the only one to betray NESTS during the climax of the 2001 story.
Fio Lina, a member of Power Geyser, visited SNK Headquarters in 2019 to talk to Krispy Kaiser, SNK's community manager, about many SNK related questions, with K9999's fate in the series being one of them. According to Krispy Kaiser, there is an unspoken rule at the company that mentioning K9999 by name is strictly prohibited, and can only be mentioned by non-descriptive terms (i.e., "the one replaced by Nameless") for "legal reasons".
Considering all these factors, and according to Krispy Kaiser's words, "...it is safe to say that from now on, in any SNK game, he will never return".

can we stop pretending that he has any chance of showing his face ever again now ?
Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 01:53:39 am by Byakko
#1454  August 10, 2021, 02:34:06 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I at least have the more realistic hope that they canonize Nameless and just pretend it was always him from the get-go... I mean yeah it's still unlikely but between that and K9999 coming back, my take on it is the more plausible one.
#1455  August 10, 2021, 03:20:38 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
All this talk about the fate of Mr. Fours and I'm over here wondering when Diana will ever be playable in anything.

I don't know if there actually is any legal fear in there
After Oda acknowledged his existence to a fan question rather than shutting it down, I am not so sure.  More like extreme hate for how he came to be and rather just move on and pretend it never happened.

Even Travis at one of the All Stars livestreams had talked about K9999's chances in appearing in response to a chat question without any ramifications.
Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 03:36:04 am by Kirishima
#1456  August 10, 2021, 04:45:49 am
    • USA
Tetsuo K9999999999 is the one character we can say, with 100% absolute certainty, is never coming back, ever. Holding any kind of hope for him is setting yourself for disappointment.

Indeed so... but I feel like Love Heart, as well as Mizoguchi, are close to that category. The company that acquired Love Heart and other SNK Pachinko material closed its doors in 2019 and has been liquidated, and I'm not sure if SNK are interested in tracking down the rights to her. Mizoguchi was always a guest on loan from G-Mode, and he mainly got in because the director of MI liked him.

lui

#1457  August 10, 2021, 09:17:11 am
    • USA

this is quite literally his most recent modern appearance and he can't even legally show his face.

he ain't coming back. ever.
#1458  August 10, 2021, 09:34:13 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Never saw the necessity to bring K9999 back, ever.
He's grotesque to look at and is quite a literal rip off of Tetsuo from Akira. Hommages are subtle, but not K9999 hahaha. GAKIDOMOOO

I prefer Nameless over him by miles.
#1459  August 10, 2021, 02:16:08 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I always saw K9999 as a pretty awkward design. The yellow shirt, red scarf and crazy blue hair? Just did not sit right with me.
On the other hand, I always thought Nameless was a perfect badass.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1460  August 11, 2021, 02:50:59 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
can we stop pretending that he has any chance of showing his face ever again now ?
No, k∞9 will be always in our hearts, no matter if SNK forbids him forever

On the other hand, I always thought Nameless was a perfect badass.
Oh no, Nameless it's a NESTS Sasuke Uchiha with Krizalid's suit IMO

On another note and back with the thread, when is the next KOF reveal, it is tomorrow?

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X