Started by DW, May 15, 2012, 03:45:05 am
Share this topic:

DW

Re: Divine W.I.P.'s
#521  May 21, 2013, 07:56:28 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
But it's accurate to the comics!!!

While that may be the case, and I wouldn't mind having some pals with the yellow skin tone, you can't really deny that the natural skin tones look far better.

Moving on, thanks for the pals senorfro and Girard. As promised, albeit a month late... Still, here's some updated pics. Special thanks to Froz for hiresing Psy's various FX. Along with thanks to Sean for providing the edits I needed.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Run and power charge were inspired from CvS Maki and Athena respectively. Wall jump implemented. Finished Psi-Blast and Psi-Blade long ago. Been kinda lazy lately and haven't worked on her in a while. :P Starting to get back to work though. All essential stuff is done. Psi-Blade can be done in the air as well as Psi-Blast. Only specials left to code are Psi-Drill and Ninjutsu. Then on to supers.

#522  May 21, 2013, 08:21:46 pm
    • Canada
Looks sick!!!

So Sean did the new running sprites? Anyway, I'm pumped for Psylocke.
#523  May 21, 2013, 08:24:36 pm
    • Mexico

DW

#524  May 21, 2013, 08:28:36 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Looks sick!!!

So Sean did the new running sprites? Anyway, I'm pumped for Psylocke.

Thanks. Sean did all the edits. Power charge, run, parrying, wall jump, air+ground grab attempt. Just didn't feel like taking pics of it all. >_<

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I actually thought this one was Kenshin Himura as opposed to Blossom.

I thought they were based from the MK ninja girls at first. Mileena, Kitana, Jade. However, the hair and skin colors were off. Then Girard said PF Girls, and that makes more sense.
#525  May 21, 2013, 09:20:36 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Yeah, the first one is custom, second is Cammy inspired, and the last 3 are the Power Puff Girls.
#526  May 22, 2013, 05:00:31 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Most of senorfro palettes (specially notorious in the powerpuff palettes) that the last color of the boots is clearer than the previous shade, that is caused by a saturation issue with the color blue in the separation will applying any color to the layer. Everyone but Cammy palette has that problem.

You know I may suggest changing some things in the template, I may do it myself (Just fixing that little tone and that´s it)
Chilling
#527  May 22, 2013, 05:04:22 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Awesome effects of psylocke's dagger!!!
#528  May 22, 2013, 07:11:27 am
Most of senorfro palettes (specially notorious in the powerpuff palettes) that the last color of the boots is clearer than the previous shade, that is caused by a saturation issue with the color blue in the separation will applying any color to the layer. Everyone but Cammy palette has that problem.

You know I may suggest changing some things in the template, I may do it myself (Just fixing that little tone and that´s it)
Yeah I noticed that too, but wasn't sure what to make of it.  A couple of SNT's ones looked to have it as well (though not as bad) so I thought nothing of it.
#529  May 22, 2013, 08:00:22 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ It´s an issue from the original sprites, that line should be the darkest shade cause in the CPS2 series the darkest shade (before CvS2 and MvC2) was grey 16,16,16 and the blue psylocke has way more saturated than the grey so that´s why it looks like that.

I´ll fix all those palettes myself if you want, sorry when I know how to do stuff properly, I want to do it properly.
Chilling
#530  May 22, 2013, 08:45:07 am
Thanks, but I'll do it myself.  As you just said and as a friend of mine has said, if you're going to do something, do it right.  Don't half ass it.

This should do it
#531  May 23, 2013, 04:18:14 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ Excellent

Another example of how everyone should color that part:

MvC2 Art.

The 4th tone of the boots is the last one, don´t do it this way and I will hunt your head with a pencil.
Chilling

DW

#532  May 23, 2013, 04:43:57 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Very nice. I love it. :smitten: Thanks.
#533  May 23, 2013, 06:21:43 am
  • No guts No glory..
O__o you keep doing this and you`ll force me retouch her sprites......looks nice this psylocke.....
#534  May 23, 2013, 10:47:59 am
A few more

Felicia
Parasol
Strider
McDonalds
#535  May 23, 2013, 03:05:56 pm
Another palette from me (Posted some in Girard's WIP thread before):
- Luminous Rose Petals
Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 03:35:19 pm by Gogngos

DW

#536  May 23, 2013, 09:01:39 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
McDonalds

:gonk: Not feelin' that one at all... But, I still appreciate the pal contributions. Really like the Strider one however. Never thought that'd look so good on her/never thought to put those colors on anyone else save for Hiryu himself. Anyway, thanks.

Another palette from me (Posted some in Girard's WIP thread before):
- Luminous Rose Petals

Yeah, I've seen the pals you put up in Girard's thread. They're all great, as well as this one. Thanks.
#537  May 23, 2013, 09:13:00 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling
#538  May 23, 2013, 09:20:37 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Your McDonald's palette has too much contrast IMO.
#539  May 24, 2013, 05:13:15 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#540  May 24, 2013, 03:14:22 pm
The colors in the gloves are very unappealing. It looks like you passed from a dull red to a very colorful one, not good. Plus the red needs more contrast.
Fixed the gloves and changed the hair. Hopefully this one is more improved compare to the last one. Thanks!