YesNoOk

MvC Sprite Edits (Read 37427 times)

Started by Graphicus, September 02, 2013, 06:07:56 am
Re: MvC Sprite Edits
#21  September 21, 2013, 10:32:43 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
also this is just a suggestion but maybe when you are done with ironman maybe you could do hulk with is world war hulk attire and again good luck bro
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#22  September 21, 2013, 10:46:29 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
I most say, you've gotten far better at shading sprites. Excellent Work, Graphicus!! :)
#23  September 21, 2013, 11:19:18 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
What about Cap. America with the Avengers movie outfit?

also this is just a suggestion but maybe when you are done with ironman maybe you could do hulk with is world war hulk attire and again good luck bro

I'm mostly looking for "official" edits... not just edits for the sake of edits. Stuff like, "Hey, this should've been X", or "This is missing, even though it was featured in X" or "This was updated in X way in 3D, it'd be nice to see what it would've looked like in the original 2D". I don't know how to explain it, really... :S

Stuff like alternate costumes is not really my thing. I just had a hard time thinking of more of these examples, so I asked you guys to pitch in to see if you could remind me of one of these cases. Hope I don't sound like a jerk for saying all that. I'm just clarifying what I meant... I still appreciate that you suggested something. ;)

I most say, you've gotten far better at shading sprites. Excellent Work, Graphicus!! :)

I'm getting there! I still have to look at an existing sprite to get it to look decent, which makes it take much longer... I still can't do it comfortably without reference. I can't shade instinctively, is what I mean :P
Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:48:32 pm by Graphicus
#24  September 21, 2013, 11:30:41 pm
#25  September 21, 2013, 11:34:08 pm
    • Argentina
Which part of the leg?
#26  September 22, 2013, 12:30:44 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
dont worry graph and good luck
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#27  September 22, 2013, 02:08:09 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'm mostly looking for "official" edits... not just edits for the sake of edits. Stuff like, "Hey, this should've been X", or "This is missing, even though it was featured in X" or "This was updated in X way in 3D, it'd be nice to see what it would've looked like in the original 2D". I don't know how to explain it, really... :S

Are you looking for missing moves or forms in other adaptations?

If so, I highly suggest watching the 90's Ironman cartoon for the 2nd season. His armor was designed to morph to other Ironman armor like samurai, drill ,space, stealth, underwater and many more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIpnt5BAhlY
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#28  September 22, 2013, 08:31:57 am
    • Argentina
Are you looking for missing moves or forms in other adaptations?

I knew I hadn't explained it very well...  ;P

I'm looking for changes specifically within the setting of the CAPCOM universe of Marvel-based games, not any external source. It's easier to understand if you look at the things I've already submitted.

For example:

Wolverine: I didn't just give him ANY alternate costume (and he's had a LOT of them :)). I just went from MvC2 to MvC3 to see how the same outfit might've looked like if the 3rd game had been kept in 2D.

War Machine: I made this one to settle a teeny-tiny pet peeve of mine, which I wish CAPCOM would've addressed back with Mvc1/2... the fact that they simply recolored the Iron Man sprites when even the actual in-game portraits (and artwork) showed a War Machine-looking armor. I edited the same reused sprites so they would match the artwork in the game. Again, I definitely could've picked from a million different War Machine armors if I just wanted to do an edit for the sake of an edit, but the idea here was to address something within the setting of the CAPCOM game-franchise itself.

Iron Man: This came to me when I looked at Steamboy33's sprite art for MvC3. I noticed he edited storm's outfit, but not Wolverine and Iron Man's outfit (not complaining, just saying)... so I edited the former myself, and then for the latter I thought: Hey, I have two choices. I could either draw the new armor in CPS2 style, or I could draw the new stance with the old armor. I ultimately decided to go for the latter choice, because people could actually get some use out of it. See, there's no way I'm going to edit EVERY SINGLE Iron man sprite with the new armor, so someone making an old-school looking MvC3 Iron man would at least need the stance changed so they could make the hitboxes match, since pretty match all of the remaining moves in MvC3 are the same as the ones he had in 2D.

Does this make sense at all? Oh, also... please don't suggest MvC3 alternate-costumes. I know those are technically in-game changes, but they don't apply in my head because CAPCOM never would've made these if they had kept the game in 2D.

I guess the suggestions I'm looking for are something along the lines of "It always bothered be than in X game, they didn't do Y, even though this change was featured in Z".
Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:37:36 am by Graphicus
#29  September 22, 2013, 10:04:08 am
Which part of the leg?

Near the knee.
Like this:
(also I edited the lines under the knee to make them more rounded, but it's a not-so-good attempt; the edit is that part under the "edited by Graphicus")
Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:48:37 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#30  September 22, 2013, 11:56:39 am
    • Argentina
Ah, I see what you meant. I rounded the lines in his left leg but not the right one so much. You're right!

Is this better?

#31  September 22, 2013, 12:50:00 pm
Yes, that's better.
#32  September 22, 2013, 05:22:25 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I guess if they could, War Machine could use Iron Man's original stance.
#33  September 24, 2013, 10:58:24 pm
    • Argentina
I guess if they could, War Machine could use Iron Man's original stance.

Isn't that what is already in the first post? :P

Hey, can anyone familiar with MvC3 (which I'm not) tell me which moves are new to UMvC3 for characters that were featured in the 2D games? Either regular, special or super moves...

Here are the ones I already know of:
Ryu: Shinkuu Hadouken in different directions.
Wolverine: Berserker Rage.
Shuma Gorath: Hyper Mystic Ray.
#34  September 24, 2013, 11:02:27 pm
    • USA
There are also redone moves, like Iron Man's launcher/S.HK

Iron Man: Angled Proton Cannon
Magneto: Fatal Attraction, Repulsion and Reverse Polarity
Chun Li: Shichisei Ranka

DW

#35  September 24, 2013, 11:03:09 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Ah, I see what you meant. I rounded the lines in his left leg but not the right one so much. You're right!

Is this better?

That's very nice. My only gripe is that this is Mark 1 armor with Mark 2 stance... :-\ Still a nice job though. Ironman's armor in MvC3 is the sleeker Mark 2 model. You can really tell the difference, especially with that stance.
#36  September 24, 2013, 11:03:34 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Hulk's Jumping S is new. You could edit it off of his standing Heavy Punch.
Iron Man's Iron Avenger.
Doom's Hidden Missiles and Level 3 Super (Forgot what it was called, I don't play Doom much.)
Sentinel's new command grab.
Tron's new command grab and command grab super.
Hope this helps.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#37  September 24, 2013, 11:19:57 pm
    • Argentina
That's exactly what I was looking for :D

More of them, everyone!
#38  September 25, 2013, 02:52:10 am
Doom's Hidden Missiles and Level 3 Super (Forgot what it was called, I don't play Doom much.)

If you were to do either of these animations, I would love you forever.  Not really, but I would keep a picture of you in my wallet, and every time I opened it to pay for something, I'd give you a little head nod and a smile.
#39  September 25, 2013, 02:53:54 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
His level 3 super uses existing animations already, no need for spriting.
#40  September 25, 2013, 02:56:15 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I thought he meant doom's Level 3 in MvC3 where he sits in his chair and presses a button. I guess that wouldn't be too hard.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)