YesNoOk

Marvel & DC Projects Thread (Current W.I.P: Iron Man) (Read 278647 times)

Started by RΣDDBRIПK, September 06, 2018, 07:16:33 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Iron Man
#121  September 30, 2018, 05:06:29 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Make the colors a bit brighter (or sample the colors from existing MVC/CPS2 sprites) to match the vibrant tone of the CPS2 sprite style. Other than that, it's perfect.
This is a generic forum signature.
#122  October 01, 2018, 01:34:02 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Updated this and a few other anims i CSed as the colors on the shoulders, upper armor, gauntlets & upper legs were too bright.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#123  October 01, 2018, 07:26:24 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
So i think with the some erasing, explods and some human ingenuity i might be able to make this as an intro.
Basically another version of zvitors armor intro.

i would take the sprite below (and the armor pieces that assemble for the intro) and erase tiny increments of the sprites and save them as new frames for the intro.

Penguinz0 said:
#124  October 01, 2018, 07:28:35 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Hope palettes are still being accepted =P

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:39:19 pm by Project.13
#125  October 01, 2018, 10:51:14 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Hey, new update. Almost done (just need to finish shading one frame and draw another).

I've changed the suiting-on animation again. It just didn't look right because it had no basis in existing CPS2 animations. Thankfully, the answer was right in front of my face the whole time, dumb me.

I just replicated the effect of how he summons his Proton Cannon!

Now there can be no argument saying it doesn't look CPS2-ish (from me, mainly) because it's exactly what Capcom did.

I'm probably not going to replicate the disappearing animation (it's much more complex), so I suggest having him dash off-screen then falling from the sky, if that makes any sense.
#126  October 01, 2018, 11:17:22 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Hey, new update. Almost done (just need to finish shading one frame and draw another).

I've changed the suiting-on animation again. It just didn't look right because it had no basis in existing CPS2 animations. Thankfully, the answer was right in front of my face the whole time, dumb me.

Now there can be no argument saying it doesn't look CPS2-ish (from me, mainly) because it's exactly what Capcom did.

I'm probably not going to replicate the disappearing animation (it's much more complex), so I suggest having him dash off-screen then falling from the sky, if that makes any sense.
Damn that looks good! I actually like the idea of having him dash off screen then falling from the sky. he can also float down in the hulkbuster armor for a winpose if he defeats an enemy in the armor.
Penguinz0 said:
#127  October 01, 2018, 11:56:36 pm
    • USA
wow
#128  October 02, 2018, 12:09:22 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com

Damn that looks good! I actually like the idea of having him dash off screen then falling from the sky. he can also float down in the hulkbuster armor for a winpose if he defeats an enemy in the armor.

Damn....that's pure nostalgia!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#129  October 02, 2018, 02:54:32 am
    • Argentina
Okay, so I'm basically done. The sprite I mentioned I still had to draw would be a "shake" sprite for the end of the animation (when he's charging) so he's not completely static as he's dashing forward, but... I don't even know if it's fully needed since he's going to have this whole dashing effect on top (not shown in the GIF but it is in the sheet).

Below is a GIF using all the finished frames as well as a spoilered spritesheet. If you need the "materialization" FX sprites without iron man inside, let me know (I drew them on a different layer anyway). I just left it as-is because there's only one way to align Iron man with the armor (the head sticks out).

Spritesheet:

Something else: You see those three frames where the armor is lighter? I didn't just brighten up the sprites in software because that would add colors to the palette. What I did instead was cycle the colors so that each color would use a progressively lighter and lighter shade in the existing palette (what was once the lightest color would no longer be needed and just become "white". I didn't know if this would be helpful or not, but I hope it is.
Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 03:10:35 am by Graphicus
#130  October 02, 2018, 04:33:55 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Okay, so I'm basically done. The sprite I mentioned I still had to draw would be a "shake" sprite for the end of the animation (when he's charging) so he's not completely static as he's dashing forward, but... I don't even know if it's fully needed since he's going to have this whole dashing effect on top (not shown in the GIF but it is in the sheet).

Below is a GIF using all the finished frames as well as a spoilered spritesheet. If you need the "materialization" FX sprites without iron man inside, let me know (I drew them on a different layer anyway). I just left it as-is because there's only one way to align Iron man with the armor (the head sticks out).

Spritesheet:

Something else: You see those three frames where the armor is lighter? I didn't just brighten up the sprites in software because that would add colors to the palette. What I did instead was cycle the colors so that each color would use a progressively lighter and lighter shade in the existing palette (what was once the lightest color would no longer be needed and just become "white". I didn't know if this would be helpful or not, but I hope it is.
Ohh Yeah!! thanks graphicus. i will get to color separating this right away. don't worry about removing iron man from the materialization FX. i can use the remap pen on FF3 to easily remove iron man without touching the FX.
Penguinz0 said:
#131  October 02, 2018, 05:29:37 am
    • Argentina
Um... don't hate me, but I think I'll make one last change. I don't exactly like the way the mask sort of flaps onto his face. Kinda makes it seem like one of those trash bins with the foot pedal that opens the lid. I'll quickly edit it tomorrow to have it go down as a visor, more in tune with the way it works in the movies (like a bicycle helmet's visor, basically).

You can color separate the rest body for the time being, if you want. I'm positive I'm not changing that.
#132  October 02, 2018, 05:32:25 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Um... don't hate me, but I think I'll make one last change. I don't exactly like the way the mask sort of flaps onto his face. Kinda makes it seem like one of those trash bins with the foot pedal that opens the lid. I'll quickly edit it tomorrow to have it go down as a visor, more in tune with the way it works in the movies (like a bicycle helmet's visor, basically).

You can color separate the rest body for the time being, if you want. I'm positive I'm not changing that.
no hate here my friend. i did however CS one frame.
Behold, A sample of awesome!

Penguinz0 said:
#133  October 02, 2018, 06:27:58 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Hope palettes are still being accepted =P

Damn, those Sigma palettes are nice. :c00l:
#134  October 02, 2018, 06:31:32 am
    • Argentina
no hate here my friend. i did however CS one frame.
Behold, A sample of awesome!

That's great! That frame isn't changing at all. Only the frames in which the mask is coming down and only in the head area, so you can just copy-paste the body as-is. ;)
#135  October 02, 2018, 08:03:32 pm
    • Argentina
Here we go, here's the final version. The faceplate movement is a million times better, I feel.

SPRITESHEET:
#136  October 02, 2018, 09:21:47 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Here we go, here's the final version. The faceplate movement is a million times better, I feel.

SPRITESHEET:
it does look a lot better. Thanks graphicus.
Penguinz0 said:
#137  October 02, 2018, 09:27:19 pm
    • Argentina
I expect an awesome video as soon as it's coded and working :shakes fist:
#138  October 02, 2018, 09:45:51 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA