YesNoOk

How to modify hitsound volume if the value is from char's own snd? (e.g: s13,25) (Read 48409 times)

Started by Redben, September 28, 2021, 12:39:43 pm
Share this topic:
How to modify hitsound volume if the value is from char's own snd? (e.g: s13,25)
#1  September 28, 2021, 12:39:43 pm
    • Morocco
How can I decrease or increase the volume of a hitsound that uses the char's own snd file? The hitsound is in the Hitdef.
Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 01:27:54 pm by Redben
Re: How to modify hitsound volume if the value is from char's own snd? (e.g: s13,25)
#2  September 29, 2021, 02:17:28 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
If its not a playsnd value. Export the sound. Increase or reduce the volume. Import the sound.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: How to modify hitsound volume if the value is from char's own snd? (e.g: s13,25)
#3  September 29, 2021, 01:30:35 pm
    • Morocco
If its not a playsnd value. Export the sound. Increase or reduce the volume. Import the sound.

That's a lot of work if one intends to change many sounds in that situation. I wonder if it's possible to transform a hitsound into a playsnd and thus use the volumescale to alter it. I'll of course check it once I have some free time but I just thought of throwing it out here if someone can confirm it for the viewers in the meantime.
#4  September 30, 2021, 09:44:33 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Yes absolutely. It takes tweaking if its multihit but generally all you need is movehit or moveguarded and persistent = 0 so it only plays the once. If it needs to play over and over it gets a little more complex due to the way movehit and moveguarded work

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.