YesNoOk

Don't you hate it when you lose by someone who's a noob or plays noobish? (Read 93054 times)

Started by light321, January 25, 2007, 04:33:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Don't you hate it when you lose by someone who's a noob or plays noobish?
#61  February 25, 2007, 04:49:50 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
There is, sometimes. Like if they're new and you want them to get a feel for the controls first. Also, if you want to be cruel about it, you can hold back making them think they're really good, then laying the smack down on them when they start to get too confident.
#62  February 26, 2007, 03:48:45 am
  • duwa duwa
eh i agree with the first one it do what it do. the second one on the other hand is weird i rarely do that only when its perfect time to do it lol

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up
#63  February 26, 2007, 03:57:47 am
Don't play first-timers. Seriously, it's better for them to learn (at least the basics) on their own against AI, and better for you, because you shouldn't have to wait for them to learn a moveset or have your character run in the opposite direction while they learn the controls. You're putting pressure on them to learn fast, and they're putting pressure on you to tie an arm behind your back.
#64  February 27, 2007, 03:51:00 am
game: marvel vs capcom

all my opponents keep using 2 warmachines 

My messed up private mugen!
#65  March 09, 2007, 04:40:45 am
  • A full moon.........can i contain my curse!?
game : Mugen

friend constanlt sticks with the pint size or regular size megaman X and spams the shot attacks >.<

Wondering the meaning of life........a wolf perched on the highest of cliffs, howling at the full moon.

Which character are you test by
Naruto - Kun.com
#66  March 10, 2007, 12:17:05 pm
  • Chicks dig me. (SDS Overfiend is the Gamertag)
    • wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html
I go to a lot of arcades, but only rarely do people approach the same machine to play against me. Must be something about my town; like  a phobia of invading someone's privacy, or something. But every so often, some kid will come up to the arcade to show off their 1337 tourney-level techniques they spent the day reading off of GameFAQs, mispronounciations included. It's honestly a little humbling to hear that my tricks are not unique to me, and that they have names completely different than my own and are well-known on the internets.

Anyway, what a lot of challengers and wanna-be champs don't understand is that the tricks are there to augment the rest of the game, and that you shouldn't give up effective fighting in favour of pretending to be clever. Sometimes a weak kick is all you needed. But no, they have to go for the crossups or try to win exclusively using special moves, even if it didn't work last round. They also don't account for learning, either. If it works, when they recover you shouldn't do it again. You're better off trying a completely opposite technique, so you'll catch them off-guard again.

And they really, truly believe they're at the tournament level just because they read about tiers and fireball traps and secret costumes and shit. So even if they lose brutally, they still pretend to be your equal. Maybe even pointing out your techniques that they still fell for. I've even been given tips: "that was definitely the wrong situation for a crossup, there.", "you know the shakunetsu hadouken is better, right?" (it's slower, by the way), etc. If it was the wrong thing to do, you wouldn't have fallen for it. If you treat the fight like a formula instead of a mind game, you're not understanding the way to compete in a fighting game.

So because of their supreme confidence, even after a humiliatingly one-sided defeat, you still get "good game, huh?" or "really great fight, man" or "wow, we're pretty evenly matched" (yeah, you really showed your mettle with that one shoryuken you landed, dumbass). So what do you say to that?

My policy is honesty > politeness, and I tell them "no, not really". Despite that, I'm always willing to gently tell them why they lost so badly, even with their 'unstoppable techniques'. Few are willing to listen, taking the same stance of "sure, you think you know what you're talking about" as I do, but maybe they'll still have learned.

What do you guys think? Is it better to break it to them softly that they suck whale penis, or to give them false praise?

You and me are in same Boat Artie. I get a Vibe from the Opponent Most of the Time.  Some Times i Destroy Kids so bad that they get Vexed and Wanna pull out razors or try to jump me (Circa 1994 brooklyn) if i was'nt at a Local arcade but if i travelled to another Gameroom and Embarrased the Illest dude in that town. Most of the Time i just Keep my mouth shut now cause If i lose i Give Props and often tell the opponent that he might have did some shit i never knew and i was a good learning experience. Most of the time a lot of people i've Played against want to have like a sparring friendship with me with is pretty cool considering that most people have to much pride to admit to losing to a better player and giving credit. ITs almost like how i feel about combo tape or vids. Some people see that shit and think it can just be done like that and get it twisted and end getting they're ass whupped bad. I regulated in my life for a long time on video games so i kinda get tired of winning. So when i see im on a roll i often give up the controller and become a spectator just to get a rise once and awhile.
I miss those days of playland and The Old Broadway on 51St. Now i can just stick to playing Fighters online but it up to the Companies to Provide decent servers so games will not have lag and we can prove points.

I hope to see you dudes on Xbox Live Someday. We are all beyond Talking at this point. See some of you dudes i've know for about 6 years now text wise, Maybe we'll have a few Gears of war matches or DOA or whatever.
i swear, Stupid muthafokkers exist all over this board!
Nonetheless Dickriders get all of the Attention!
Go Figure.
--------------
Yes online Gaming is important........ Who Else are you gonna practice on?
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html

Beta Kagetsura can still be found here.
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/Kagetsura.rar
Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 12:19:51 pm by SDS Overfiend
#67  March 10, 2007, 11:44:24 pm
  • duwa duwa
ehhhhhh ;D good shit havent seen you in a minute bro. lol man get tired of winning that line made me crack up i guess its the lack of comp or something but yea ima get an xbox caz i found out they heave some fighters online mostly cvs2 although i just play that for fun if they have any samurai showdown games for xbl ill def get it what do you think man?

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up
#68  March 12, 2007, 03:45:46 am
  • Chicks dig me. (SDS Overfiend is the Gamertag)
    • wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html
I caught on the Xbox live to later man cause i miss some is game on the O.G. Xbox.

The Kofs especially Neowave,GG,Samsho, CVS2 all that good shit i missed out on cause i got my system to late. Now that i got my Xbox 360 some of those game are going to be updated(Backward Compatible.)  Stop Bullshitting and cop that Xbox and get on live man. Don't let nobody tell anything about live not being good cause that shit is bullshit. I have Sf2HF for XBLA and it has lag but i can stand it i have a record of about 149W 10L and i left it at that.I haven't play it in a while. Hurry up and get that machine man and meet me. Some of thses dudes uphere be bullshittin and i know you smarter than that.
i swear, Stupid muthafokkers exist all over this board!
Nonetheless Dickriders get all of the Attention!
Go Figure.
--------------
Yes online Gaming is important........ Who Else are you gonna practice on?
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html

Beta Kagetsura can still be found here.
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/Kagetsura.rar
#69  March 22, 2007, 02:46:23 pm
    • USA
    • https://www.facebook.com/Djk6DraggedNChopped
Game: Street fighter Alpha 3

Aztec using ken and just repeats the same attack patterns. Hadouken, hadouken, shoryuken, shoryureppa then mostly use Jump HK crouch HK. I hate that but I beat him once or twice. Garou is a different story.
#70  March 23, 2007, 12:37:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Back in the day, there was some generic 3D fighter on the Nintendo 64, and it was known for its gory (but not fatal) grapples. Anyway, my friend picked an ice guy with ice daggers for hands and I picked some girl. Following my usual routine, I circled around and ran in to attack and then run back out. Unfortunately, the game was so broken that he just grabbed me midway and did his grapple. And he was capable of pulling off the same grapple over and over again as soon as I got up. Eventually I came to wonder how my girl was still alive after being impaled through the stomach so many times.
#71  March 23, 2007, 09:12:56 am
  • all is love in fair and war
I have never being beaten by noobs, losing a round maybe..., since total noobs who just randomly mashing the buttons are hard to predict,

but it only works on first round, we can always cross them, use sweep kick, cross them again, and sweep kick again, and they will turn into super defensive mode (turtling) then it's time for a throw, or super throw ^_^
#72  March 23, 2007, 07:13:49 pm
  • Suprise Buttsecks!!!!
    • USA
ive never lost to a newb in a game yet
#73  March 24, 2007, 01:34:36 am
    • ikami.clicdev.com
It takes skillz to play noobish and beat a pro  ;)
"Hold to forgiveness, command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant." [7:199]
#74  March 24, 2007, 03:31:27 am
  • The Instigator!
I also Dislike those noobs that have like $450 to spend and wont stop intill they win.

.....God i hate them bitches, They fail to get a clue and yet they still use the same damn tactics that makin my winning spree fatter in the first place. And when your on a roll and you decide to leave they get all mad and shit...lol FTP's
Im back. But no, not really.
#75  April 02, 2007, 03:52:18 pm
  • I'm running out of Avatars and Display names.
 :D Sometimes just because you're older than your enemy, that doesn't mean you can beat the one younger than you:

Take this for example:

I was going around the arcade then I saw a large crowd. I looked at the big screen and saw Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection, Asuka Vs. Lily. The one using Asuka was a challenger, and the one with Lily had already... WTF!!! 50 straight wins!!! Then I though... 'Man... the guy playing that must be really experience, check out the fighting style!" Then I looked downwards and saw who was playing Lily, an 8 year old boy... yep, an 8 year old boy... He was actually pawning every other adult there... even the so called "Champion" of the arcade. I was like: "WHOA!"

As for me let's see...

When it comes to fighting games, I never do use any special attacks, not even Ryu's hadouken... I simply stick to basics. Simple grabs, evading, and normal hits. Sure my enemy would go: "Stop running away coward!" but to me he wasn't worthy (what with all his bragging and all, he was bragging so loud while I was playing KOF beside him while he was playing Samurai Showdown 5 that I couldn't take it anymore and had to fight him.)

As usual and as most of the "expert" players there he used Yoshitora. Me, I tried getting Poppy, but I missed a count and chose Galford instead. As usual, basic hits for me and all, while he was spamming Yoshitora's one move. I beat him in two rounds with the 'basics' tactic and got no loss, then I got annoyed when he started insulting me. So I just picked up my shake and started drinking, while just simply moving the joystick around to do some movement or do the "concentration" thing and let him bite my character. And ooohhh he went "YEAH! I BEAT YOU! LOSER!" when it came to the final round, I just yawned and went back to using the "basics" move, yet I always let him hit me just by waiting for him to make a move. He already had like half his HP and me around 1/10th, and he started blabbering to his friends: "Hey look guys! I'm gonna beat this loser kid into a pulp." They were laughing and laughing, and oh! I finished my shake, and after that... woohoo.... time for the really cool SS5 slowmo effect~! He was like "WTF! How the hell did you do that!" and I reduced his entire health bar to nothing with just basic attacks. After that he kept on insulting me, and I didn't go on playing the game, just left and went my way as he kept on yelling: "COWARD!"

Seriously... the only player I'd have to use special attacks so frequently in SS5 or in any other game would be my cousin... Man... when he uses Yoshitora, he really makes it that in all the rounds you'd taste all the Tokugawa blades... and that big one hurts a lot!

I'm a blabber mouth. Mew.

W.I.P.:Dexter Boy Genius - 50%          CLAW  W.I.P: 0%
#76  April 02, 2007, 04:43:19 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
meh im continuosly beaten by pros, and sometimes noobs, im more mid tier.  but my fighting style changes depending on who im playing against, its kind of strange, after about 2 to 3 matches i can most of the time give people an ok challenge.  one thing i hate is people going easy on me once that happens i loose interest, plus i tend to get angryand when im ticked off i suck at fighting games
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#77  April 05, 2007, 12:17:30 am
 :-X :S my little noob neighbour rocks when he excel in sf ex2 and starts mashing. nobody can beat him even 1 round  :P
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#78  May 15, 2007, 02:19:57 am
  • AssassinProductions
    • assassinpro.forumer.com
The word "newb" is thrown around to much, and people who say it are usually jerks or 1337 (that is leet XD), the only place where the word newb should be used is in a joke about 1337 people, or if the person you refer it to sucks, and thinks he is really good.
AssassinProducions
assassinpro.forumer.com
Making the world better every day
#79  May 17, 2007, 02:28:25 am
  • hundred lives!
yeah like the faster you fight...the more basic tactics your opponent will use on you...it happens all the time
there are somethings that you're fingers shouldnt be pressing with...
#80  May 17, 2007, 02:41:00 am
That depends on whether your opponent would run around mocking you or something then there's a reason.