YesNoOk

so anyone here still cares for ff series? (Read 7826 times)

Started by MAO11, July 27, 2012, 08:39:05 am
Share this topic:
so anyone here still cares for ff series?
#1  July 27, 2012, 08:39:05 am
a new trailer has just been released.  final fantasy xiv the fate of eorzea
http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com

what's your opinion on this i mean the only good ff game for me was 1-6, 9 and 12. and in the recent years the ff series is getting beat up by the tales of series and other rpg titles. guess if they fail to impress some consumers this time i bet they're going to kill the series seeing square enix won't be making any large-scale internal development any longer. graphics looks impressive but what will be the story and gameplay be like?
Re: so anyone here still cares for ff series?
#2  July 27, 2012, 08:57:34 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I care a lot for the FF game series in general, but the MMO genre is something i am not interested in, so FFIV is something i absolutly dont care about.

A new Final Fantasy Tactics would be great, especially if it would be in the style of the original FFT but with current gen graphics and made for consoles, not handhelds.

As FF gamer since FFIV i would love to see a return to oldschool mixed with technology from today in FFV.

A FF fighting game like Ehrgeiz would be damn cool too. Not something like Dissidia.

Finally i often had fantasies about a FF game which combines many characters of the past but lets them fight together versus an army of the villains of past games...something like Warriors Orochi which mixed multiple eras. That game should be a real rpg however.

I look forward what the series has in store for us..but to hell with the MMO crap
#3  July 27, 2012, 09:09:16 am
  • The life of a dish is not an easy one.
    • USA
    • mugenplate.webs.com/
Final Fantasy Dimensions (The Final Fantasy Legends: Warrior of Light and Darkness port) might be something you want to check out since its a mix of older Final Fantasy games with the Class system like that of Final Fantasy V. Also  Bravely Default: Flying Fairy is being made by people who worked on Final Fantasy games in the past and it too has a class system like that of Final Fantasy V.

Back to the topic at hand, I was never big on the MMO Final Fantasys and wished they were just called Final Fantasy Online 1 and 2 rather then 11 and 14, but thats just my odd view points on that subject. But will try out 2.0 if ever given the chance sometime down the line.
Stuff
#4  July 27, 2012, 03:38:05 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
For me, FF12 was disappointing. You could automate battles to the point where you had to do literally nothing to win a boss battle that took 30 minutes. In other words, the game was playing itself well enough so I, as the player, felt unneeded.  --;
That one was the last I tried. I'll stay away from MMOs in the future, they are both frustrating and time consuming to play...and they never end, unless the sever closes  or you quit.
#5  July 27, 2012, 05:07:38 pm
  • Come mighty warrior face me
    • Indonesia
    • Skype - Rizki291
wow new ff must new what the story now O_O
#6  July 27, 2012, 07:29:00 pm
  • SNK is life
PC and PS3. No Xbawks
#7  July 28, 2012, 05:50:44 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
It's interesting to see the fondness for FF5's mechanics with disdain for the MMOs in the series, since they carried 5's torch of letting you have every class on a character, and letting a class use some skills of another class you've already levelled a bit.
And every class has its own story arcs in 11 and 14 to boot, on top of the huge stories those games already have.

The trailer for the re-relase of 14 seems to imply the whole moon crashing incident will be associated with some push forward in time, probably to help explain the stabilized renewed maps, and apparently that Crystal Tower inspired by FF3 the producer keeps mentioning (I think it can be seen at the end of the trailer in the snowy scene with a roaring behemoth).
I just hope the NPCs keep cursing enough to make Barret sound like a nun in comparison, it just adds to the charm when you see an NPC asking if another actually shits money, one fo the little guys mentioning some creatures drop turds bigger than him and some girl at the  blacksmiths guild making comments about taking pounding from the blacksmith in front of her that can totally be interpreted the wrong way.
#8  July 28, 2012, 06:15:42 am
  • The life of a dish is not an easy one.
    • USA
    • mugenplate.webs.com/
Not saying the MMO's are bad, just not my cup of tea (But to be fair I never put a reasonable amount of time into both 11 and 14) I'm just of the view point they shouldn't be part of the main line.
Stuff
#9  July 28, 2012, 06:19:47 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
All my cares and hopes died with Final Fantasy 13...

>:( That was a Final Fantasy "LIGHT" for casual gamers. I hate it.
#10  July 28, 2012, 08:26:12 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
After final fantasy 10 I didn't care about the franchise anymore...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#11  July 29, 2012, 12:16:29 am
    • Germany
what 10 was awesome. the battle system was fresh and interesting, the characters were likable and everyone was useful in their own way in a fight (well, maybe except for one character depending on how you skilled 'em), and the story was great*

* disclaimer: I am playing it right now, doing sidequests but didn't go inside sin yet so dunno about the end. but up till there I liked the story very much.

on topic: it's an mmo => don't care
#12  July 29, 2012, 12:25:47 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
The ending is good. The last boss is silly.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#13  July 29, 2012, 07:43:07 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#14  July 30, 2012, 12:38:05 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
There was so much wrong with that game. Would easily have been the worst of 2010 if other M did not come out.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#15  July 30, 2012, 05:13:50 am
#16  July 30, 2012, 09:34:55 pm
    • Germany
The ending is good. The last boss is silly.

The ending was awesome!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#17  July 31, 2012, 01:42:54 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
spoiler: you can cast death on him
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#18  July 31, 2012, 01:54:46 am
    • Germany
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#19  July 31, 2012, 02:40:00 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Me and my elder brother still care for the series in general.

While I feel that there are those with legit gripes, I feel as it's mainly the cynicism talking(that or bandwagoning) because it happened since FF7 and basically escalated for every subsequent release.

The only Final Fantasy I truly despise is FF8, and that's still a better game than most in general.
And lol at Final Fantasy XIII being the worst game in 2010 if not for Other M, you need to play more games....
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#20  August 08, 2012, 03:36:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Alright I'll bite. What was the worst game of 2010 outside of your usual licensed movie-tie-in garbage?