YesNoOk

MvC Stewie Griffin (Read 6327 times)

Started by DarkSpinDoctor, October 22, 2011, 04:21:28 pm
Share this topic:
MvC Stewie Griffin
#1  October 22, 2011, 04:21:28 pm
  • Gold rush!!!
    • darkspindoctormugen.webs.com/
Here's the start of a new Stewie! He will feature a great combo system, MvC hitsparks and sounds, and will be a 6 button character!
Expect more pictures on my website in the wips section.  ;D

Pics:

Any ideas, please tell me!  :)
Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:35:52 pm by DarkSpinDoctor
Re: MvC Stewie Griffin
#2  October 22, 2011, 06:17:32 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
He will feature Marvel VS Capcom style gameplay. He has custom hitsparks and sounds and will be a 6 button character!
6 buttons?  custom hitsparks?  Yea, I suggest creating your own custom style gameplay.

#3  October 22, 2011, 06:28:59 pm
  • Gold rush!!!
#4  October 22, 2011, 07:17:42 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Yea, I would avoid MvC style altogether since very few people get it right.

Here's a tip: MvC is more than just loose combos and launchers.
#5  October 22, 2011, 08:04:13 pm
  • Gold rush!!!
Yea, I would avoid MvC style altogether since very few people get it right.

Here's a tip: MvC is more than just loose combos and launchers.

Thanks for the tip, I should probably scrap the "MvC" part of his name...lol
#6  October 22, 2011, 08:10:39 pm
Redo the sprite work on Stewie, his character demands that he be exactly like the show. He simply must have his overalls and small body. Throw me the sprite, maybe I can help get you started?
#7  October 22, 2011, 08:15:46 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#8  October 22, 2011, 09:35:14 pm
  • Gold rush!!!
Redo the sprite work on Stewie, his character demands that he be exactly like the show. He simply must have his overalls and small body. Throw me the sprite, maybe I can help get you started?

I had to make him a bit bigger, because it doesn't look right when someone punches the air above someone's head and the person gets a bloody nose. lol

And as for the outfit: I wanted a more unique look to Stewie.
#9  October 22, 2011, 09:54:08 pm

I had to make him a bit bigger, because it doesn't look right when someone punches the air above someone's head and the person gets a bloody nose. lol

Yeah but you can't change Stewie like that and expect gamers to accept a 10 year old stewie they've never seen before from a strict source material (the Show)

You could be creative in his move-set for punching and stuff, he doesn't necessarily have to punch, have him swing a baseball bat like we seen him do in a few episodes, then switch it up with his teddy bear Rupert.

Stewie can fight effectively at 2 feet (guessing on original height) to play as MvC.

Let give it a try at least.

#10  October 22, 2011, 09:57:36 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
i dont like the sprites you used for this, his actual look would be much prefered to this.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#11  October 22, 2011, 10:23:15 pm
I did an edit on Warner's sprite, you could literally create the whole character from his one sprite

Give it a try, edit Stewie's sprite, make him talk and shift his eyes back and forth, have him say "Okay, who else wants some?"

#12  October 22, 2011, 10:46:37 pm
Half assed demo  :P

It was super easy, you could easily make him walk to.
#13  October 23, 2011, 03:00:31 am

there are plenty of small characters that you can't punch and  are limited to kicks , and crouching to attack.  so he's right most of us won't dl  a stewie like this
#14  October 23, 2011, 06:25:43 am

there are plenty of small characters that you can't punch and  are limited to kicks , and crouching to attack.  so he's right most of us won't dl  a stewie like this

Yeah but instead of punches he could swing a bat to reach opponents, and he could fly around on a jet pack to to bring him to height at par with other opponents.

Bart by Warner turned out pretty good. Stewie should be a breeze.
#15  October 23, 2011, 03:11:22 pm
  • Gold rush!!!

Yeah but instead of punches he could swing a bat to reach opponents, and he could fly around on a jet pack to to bring him to height at par with other opponents.

Bart by Warner turned out pretty good. Stewie should be a breeze.

I try him in MUGEN after every 2 to 4 changes in any of his files and he can be hit with any attack.
#16  October 23, 2011, 09:00:34 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
#17  October 23, 2011, 10:03:56 pm
  • Q
One suggestion I would make is instead of a black outline on the sprites, make it with a shade darker of the color. For example in the first screen shot, for Peter's shirt, his shirt is white, the out line is a shade of gray. The pants are green, the outline is a slightly darker green. Same for the skin. You could even use those partcular colors.

Also you could make the stance accurate by tracing over a scaled screenshot of the show. That way you have perfect scaling and everything.

(btw, I hate Family Guy... ;P)
#18  October 24, 2011, 06:25:15 am
One suggestion I would make is instead of a black outline on the sprites, make it with a shade darker of the color. For example in the first screen shot, for Peter's shirt, his shirt is white, the out line is a shade of gray. The pants are green, the outline is a slightly darker green. Same for the skin. You could even use those partcular colors.

Also you could make the stance accurate by tracing over a scaled screenshot of the show. That way you have perfect scaling and everything.

(btw, I hate Family Guy... ;P)

Same here, show sucks LOL  :sugoi: