YesNoOk

Recent Posts

Re: Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz

June 01, 2024, 03:50:19 am View in topic context
avatar  Posted by varo_hades  in Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz (Started by Vegaz_Parrelli May 24, 2024, 03:19:21 pm
 Board: Your Releases, 1.0+

Very nice stages of Captain Commando!

Re: Sailor Chibimoon Sprites

June 01, 2024, 03:33:50 am View in topic context
 Posted by rgveda99  in Sailor Chibimoon Sprites (Started by rgveda99 June 13, 2023, 01:09:10 am
 Board: Sailor Stars Beyond

Re: MUGEN Video thread

June 01, 2024, 03:00:41 am View in topic context
 Posted by TornilloOxidado  in MUGEN Video thread (Started by c001357 September 27, 2008, 11:24:14 am
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Discussion

Re: CVSNB SPRITE work AND Illustrations 2024

June 01, 2024, 02:47:21 am View in topic context
 Posted by C.v.s The Abstract  in CVSNB SPRITE work AND Illustrations 2024 (Started by C.v.s The Abstract May 25, 2024, 03:36:42 pm
 Board: Graphics

Few years passed since our last talk and looks like you respond because my post here. About the price you was not forced to accept since we made a deal, i ask about a comission and you gave me the price (something between 100 or 120 dollars). If the price was low, maybe a renegotiation could be a best option on that moment. Also i'm not calling you (or making something to sounds like that) asshole.

I responded to all your messages. I have a job and other responsibilities during that time, so I couldn't work on sprites every day to create a fullsheet character with over 500 frames or more its not a good deal to be honest with you. I never said you called me an asshole. My point is that I didn't see a problem with the price at the time because I was young and inexperienced in pricing commissioned sprites because i didnt know the pricing range.. it a reason why its a very expensive job which is why the  industry is going 3d instead of 2d. Creating a character with over 500 sprites is worth far more than $100. I'm more upset with myself for not realizing this earlier. I was selling my work for far too little back then. I apologize for not communicating this to you earlier. I didn't think renegotiating the price during the time would have made a difference at the time because I was too busy with work and had no time for MUGEN. This is also why I haven't released Asuka Kazama yet because i had no time to sprite until this year where now i have freetime to get work done.

June 01, 2024, 02:24:19 am View in topic context
avatar  Posted by Mr.Karate JKA  in CVSNB SPRITE work AND Illustrations 2024 (Started by C.v.s The Abstract May 25, 2024, 03:36:42 pm

Few years passed since our last talk and looks like you respond because my post here. About the price you was not forced to accept since we made a deal, i ask about a comission and you gave me the price (something between 100 or 120 dollars). If the price was low, maybe a renegotiation could be a best option on that moment. Also i'm not calling you (or making something to sounds like that) asshole.

Re: Not understanding how state controllers are updated during run movement

June 01, 2024, 02:06:29 am View in topic context
 Posted by Foobs  in Not understanding how state controllers are updated during run movement (Started by FluffyQuack May 31, 2024, 11:15:34 pm
 Board: M.U.G.E.N Development Help

Okay, I'm now very certain that the written state controller IDs have zero effect and it's all about the order they're placed in the CNS file.
That is correct. Their labeling is irrelevant, you can name every single block "[state 69, big whoop]" and it won't have any impact. Statedef 101 only ends when you define the next statedef header, not when you name a block "[state 102, whatever]". People frequently copy paste code from different states without bothering to change the numbers.

One thing I'm wondering now is how state overrides work. If I have state 100 in both commons1.cns and king.cns, which controllers will be run? The ones in common1.cns and king.cns, or only the ones in king.cns?
Character specific files take priority over the common files, so in your example the statedef 100 defined in king.cns overrides common1.cns

Re: CVS asuka kazama Sprites (Looking for a Coder?!!! 2024)

June 01, 2024, 02:05:22 am View in topic context
 Posted by C.v.s The Abstract  in CVS asuka kazama Sprites (Started by C.v.s The Abstract September 07, 2019, 01:33:46 am
 Board: Sprite Projects

I am currently looking for a coder who will make asuka kazama. I have literally almost done with her and it be great to have a coder who interested in making in mugen

June 01, 2024, 01:42:38 am View in topic context

Okay, I'm now very certain that the written state controller IDs have zero effect and it's all about the order they're placed in the CNS file.

One thing I'm wondering now is how state overrides work. If I have state 100 in both commons1.cns and king.cns, which controllers will be run? The ones in common1.cns and king.cns, or only the ones in king.cns?

Re: ZombieNeko's workshop (Fiona Alpha Release)

June 01, 2024, 12:34:29 am View in topic context
 Posted by ZombieNeko  in ZombieNeko's workshop (Help With Code Needed) (Started by ZombieNeko August 16, 2019, 03:26:56 am
 Board: Projects

Hello everyone! (Wow big necro my bad)

It's been a long time since I've done MUGEN related stuff, real life kept getting in the way as well as a lot of personal stuff happening, however, over the past few weeks I've been slowly doing MUGEN stuff, one of these things is trying to re-do my very old POTS style Fiona Belli char, she's not exactly finished since my knowledge on code is very limited as of now, but I've managed thanks to taking references from other creators, so I'm gonna call this 'test release' an 'alpha stage char'.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with this since again, my knowledge on how mugen chars are coded is very limited.

Without further ado, here's the alpha release: https://www.mediafire.com/file/03xw9o5xsdtbixv/Fiona.zip/file

Also I feel the need to apologize for not announcing the years-long hiatus I had to take, I'll try to come back slowly to the community!

June 01, 2024, 12:03:22 am View in topic context

I'm doing some tests and I think I've figured it out. Am I right when I say the written state id for a state controller is ignored? I think the game processes every state controller that succeeds a state definition until it encounters another state definition in the list.

May 31, 2024, 11:42:57 pm View in topic context
 Posted by C.v.s The Abstract  in CVSNB SPRITE work AND Illustrations 2024 (Started by C.v.s The Abstract May 25, 2024, 03:36:42 pm

Hi... Hope you re fine. Idk if you remember but few years Ago o comissioned a spritesheet for my Kairi and you never finished... I paid ALL of the comission amount and you just stoped respond me or even ask about gave me back the money (unless proporcional the finished sprites).

Best regards

I never stopped responding to you. I told you that the commission you gave for $100 for a full character was way below my budget at that time to produce a full character sheet. Creating a full character is time-consuming, and $100 is not enough for such work. Despite this, I made multiple attempts to finish the character, but $100 for a full character is really just crumbs. Spriting costs more than that, and I don't mean to sound like an asshole. I produced a good amount of sprites for Kairi, and you told me you gave the sprites to someone else to finish since I wasn't able to complete them. So No I didn't ignore you at all. I dont get down like that.

Not understanding how state controllers are updated during run movement

May 31, 2024, 11:15:34 pm View in topic context

This example is taken from a King character from KOF Anthology. Maybe this is a normal way of handling running -- I haven't checked. Anyway, running and stopping the run works fine, but I don't understand why.

This is the relevant code:
Code:
;-----RUN
[Statedef 100]
type = S
movetype = I
physics = S
anim = 100
velset = 0
ctrl = 0

[State 100, 1]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
value = 101

[Statedef 101]
type = S
movetype = I
physics = S
anim = 101
ctrl = 0

[State 100, 1]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = 1
x = const(velocity.run.fwd.x)

[State 100, 0]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = AnimElem = 1
value = 0,3
loop = 1
channel = 1

[State 101, 3]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "holdup"
value = 40

[State 100, 5.1]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = var(9) = 0
trigger1 = AnimElem = 3, >= 0
trigger1 = command != "holdfwd"
value = 102

[State 100, 5.2]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = var(9) = 1
trigger1 = AnimElem = 3, >= 0
trigger1 = P2bodydist X <= 40
value = 102

[Statedef 102]
type = S
movetype = I
physics = S
anim = 102

[State 102, 1]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
value = 0
ctrl = 1; RUN_BACK2 (land)

When starting to run, the game changes to state 100. A few ticks later, it changes to the 101 state, which is the actual running loop. However, there's only one state controller for state 101, which is for handling jumping. The state controller for ending the run is defined for state 100 (it changes to 102 when ending the run). Now then, letting go of forward works fine and the characters stops running, but why is this? Are the state controllers for 100 somehow being run for 101 too?

May 31, 2024, 10:25:44 pm View in topic context
avatar  Posted by Mr.Karate JKA  in CVSNB SPRITE work AND Illustrations 2024 (Started by C.v.s The Abstract May 25, 2024, 03:36:42 pm

Hi... Hope you re fine. Idk if you remember but few years Ago o comissioned a spritesheet for my Kairi and you never finished... I paid ALL of the comission amount and you just stoped respond me or even ask about gave me back the money (unless proporcional the finished sprites).

Best regards

Re: Sailor Mars Sprites

May 31, 2024, 10:16:31 pm View in topic context
 Posted by rgveda99  in Sailor Mars Sprites (Started by rgveda99 November 05, 2022, 10:57:05 pm

Re: Sailor Venus Sprites

May 31, 2024, 10:15:09 pm View in topic context
 Posted by rgveda99  in Sailor Venus Sprites (Started by rgveda99 November 30, 2022, 01:07:15 am

Re: Street Fighter 5 & 6 WIP by Mr. I and Violin Ken

May 31, 2024, 08:15:09 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Noside  in Street Fighter 5 & 6 WIP by Mr. I and Violin Ken (Started by Violin Ken September 14, 2023, 10:19:19 pm
 Board: Projects

Fantastic! :purerox:

Re: Obby's WIP CS Thread

May 31, 2024, 08:14:20 pm View in topic context
 Posted by Gêmeos dos Jogos  in Obby's WIP CS Thread (Started by Obby October 04, 2021, 05:15:36 am
 Board: Sprite Projects

Wou, we're really excited right now for Jon Talbain's CS. We made two more palettes for Jon Talbain:

Personal
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Lobo Mau (mascot of a Brazilian football team called Paysandu, from the state of Pará)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Re: Character of the Month: April 2024 Voting

May 31, 2024, 08:12:49 pm View in topic context
 Posted by MT7 「双蓮の隻眼」  in Character of the Month: April 2024 Voting (Started by DeathScythe May 19, 2024, 05:03:23 pm

MINAZUKI Sho

Re: MT7's Random Palettes

May 31, 2024, 07:36:50 pm View in topic context
 Posted by MT7 「双蓮の隻眼」  in MT7's Random Palettes (Started by MT7 「双蓮の隻眼」 December 12, 2023, 06:44:19 am
 Board: Edits & Addons 1.0+

IT'S ALIIIIIVE THE FOURMS ARE ALIIIIIIIVE!!!

5/31/24 Update

Preview Update:

Byakuya by Resentone
Image updated

Added:

Blazblue Centralfiction
Izayoi by TornilloOxidado
Pyra/Homura (Xenoblade Chronicles 2/Super Smash Bros Ultimate)
Mythra/Hikari (Xenoblade Chronicles 2/Super Smash Bros Ultimate)

Kokonoe by OHMSBY
Eileen Roberts (Regular Show)

Lambda-11 by OHMSBY
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga 3: Also Sprach Zarathustra)

Susano'o by OHMSBY
Allan Red (Smiling Friends)

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Chie Satonaka by Vinnie
Raffina (Puyo Puyo)

Yukari Takeba by Vinnie
Mimosa (Hi-Fi Rush)

Under Night In Birth II Sys:Celes
Hyde Kido by OHMSBY/Resentone
Rain (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius: Season 1)
Judai Yuki (Yu-Gi-Oh GX)

Enigma Hyde by Resentone
Hyoh (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius)
Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black (Dragon Ball Super)

Yuzuriha by Resentone
Vergil (Devil May Cry 3)

Byakuya by Resentone
Sig and Amitie (Puyo Puyo)

Erika Wagner by OHMSBY
Nemesis (Hades II)

Enkidu by Vinnie
Theseus (Hades II)
Feng Wei (Tekken 5)

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle
Ruby Rose by OHMSBY
Thanatos (Hades II)

Blitztank by OHMSBY
Mr. Frog (Smiling Friends)

Guilty Gear
Ky Kiske by OHMSBY
Schezo Wegey (Puyo Puyo)

Melty Blood Type Lumina
Kouma Kishima by Vinnie
Duke Nukem (says itself)

Aoko Aozaki by OHMSBY
Mion Sonozaki (Casual Outfit) (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni)

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
Kuroko Shirai by OHMSBY
Faruzan (Genshin Impact)

Million Arthur: Arcana Blood
Hybrid Nimue by Vinnie
Lemres (Puyo Puyo)
Eleanor (Brave Frontier)

The King of Fighters XIII
Kyo Kusanagi (NESTS) by TornilloOxidado
Rouga Zanma (Big Bang Beat)

Terry Bogard by TornilloOxidado
Charlie Dompler (Smiling Friends)

Not OHMStile:

Tomoko Minato by Infantry00
Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)
Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Baobhan Sith (Fate Grand Order)

No Author:

Jubei
Popoi (Puyo Puyo)

Re: Character of the Month: April 2024 Voting

May 31, 2024, 07:35:37 pm View in topic context
 Posted by DeluxeGamer705  in Character of the Month: April 2024 Voting (Started by DeathScythe May 19, 2024, 05:03:23 pm

Voted for Chun-Li and SF3 Evil Ryu